AR Newbie Registered Member

Smile NAD C320BEE or NAD C352 ??

hi people,

nice to see so many active members here!

i was in a dilemma recently, to buy a NAD C320BEE or C352. i did get a demo of c320bee but not a c352. i have decided to go in for c352...purely 'cause it is more powerful and so it can drive the speakers nicely. speaker i plan on are tannoy fusion 4...now called mercury F4...

does anyone have any suggestions?

also how do i bi wire them? and how can i possibly upgrade the amp (like add a power amp) as the c352 is integrated amp?

love & luck
    proud monkey

Forum Regular

c352

Nad C352 all the way. I have compared the c350 to the 320bee and preferred the C350 for its musicality and drive. The class A pre-amp section could be the reason. From what I have heard, the C352 is even better.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by hertz
    Nad C352 all the way. I have compared the c350 to the 320bee and preferred the C350 for its musicality and drive. The class A pre-amp section could be the reason. From what I have heard, the C352 is even better.
    The 320bee has received quite a mixed response. The few I've heard have been fine, but an aweful lot of boards on the internet have listed concerns about a weird phase problem in the 320bee. Some like it, some don't. And apparently not all the units exhibit this phenomenon.
    The C352 is the smaller brother of the very well received C372. I think it'd be my choice of the two.

I owned the 320BEE for about 2 weeks and ended up with the C352. The C352 is a far superior amp. To me it just does everything better. But if your on a very tight budget the 320BEE will work fine.

Main differences are the Class A pre-amp stage, extra set of pre-outs, more power, and an all metal chassis.

Quote Originally Posted by hertz
    FYI, all preamp stages are class A, including the one in the 320.

rw

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    FYI, all preamp stages are class A, including the one in the 320.

rw
    I stand corrected then. Thanks for the info.

Forum Regular
    I personally own the 320BEE and IMO wasn't much of a sonic difference when I compared the two. However, with the 352 you have the option of 30 NAD watts more of power and you can do a bi-amp configuration by daisy chaining the NAD 272 or maybe add a sub with the extra pre-amp outputs.....that's cool.

The tannoy F4 are pretty efficient speakers and I think they would sound quite good with the 320BEE, but if you want to take it a step further then the 352 would be the obvious choice for added flexibility.

Forum Regular
    i heard that Harman Kardon HK970 is good amp(about 600 dollars),don't know your speakers
    but NAD works well with B&W
    Pioneer VSX-AX3 Receiver
    Pioneer Dv-668 Dvd(Ecosse Composer MKII inter.)
    Infocus Screenplay 4805(AR Pro II Component)
    B&W 602 S3 Fronts(Monster THX)
    B&W CLR 60 Center
    B&W CDM-SNT Surr.
    Denon PMA-1500 MK II int. amp.
    Definitive Tech SuperCube II SW
    H/K HD970(Ecosse Composer MKII inter.)
    Marantz CD5001(AR PRO II inter.)
    Marantz PM-17MKII M
    Kef IQ3(Ecosse Cs2.3 wire)
    H/K HD970(Ecosse Composer MKII inter.)

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    I listened to both and there are subtle differences between the two, the extra power of the C352 is good for harder to drive speakers and all that but I went with the 320 because i liked the warmer sound (compliments my speakers well too) and my grad student budget favored it heavily.

I've had no problems with my unit, absolutely rock solid in the few months I've had it.

Thread Information