Forum Regular

Onkyo M-5150 power amp

Hello everyone, I may be kicking a dead horse here but can anyone tell me the difference between the M5150 and the M5160? Both rated at 150 wpc both delta design amps....

I just got a 5150 and would like a matching amp to bi-amp my Polks....but I can aquire a 5160....so good match..bad match...?

I will be temporarily employing the P 3150 preamp fpr this rig.....hopefully making the jump to a p-306 soon.

Any thoughts are welcome..and thank you!

I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    I own both a M-5100 and a M-5150. Good clean power.

I have never owned a M-5160 but from what I can tell from this series there is not really any significant difference. These M series amps appear to have been from some early 80's rack systems the lower number 500 series I believe were separates but very similar to the 5000 series. There were 5140's as well that look similar to the 5150 and 5160. I bought my 5150 along with a 3150 pre-amp, a graphic equalizer and a tape deck and at a local thrift for $25. I have a Service manual for a 5150 that is too large to attch so if you want to PM me your e-mail address I can send it to you.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Hey there guys, I also have a M-5150 i got as a hand-me-down from my older brother and i absolutely love it. The only problem is that i accidently had it hooked up to some Klipsch KG4's which are rated at 6 ohms and the amp's protection circuit went on. I've had all the speaker wire and the power cord unplugged for several months now and the circuit hasn't reset itself like i had hoped. Can either of you help? Thekid, i noticed you said you have the service manual... would you be willing to email that to me? Thanks guys for any help!!

M-5150 Service Manual

Sorry to hear about you amp.
    I hope it is nothing serious.

I do still have the service manual even though I sold the amp awhile back. The file is too large to send through this site but if you send me a PM with your e-mail address I will try and send it to you.

I don't have enough posts yet to send a PM but you can send the manual to smmacalello@yahoo.com. thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by thekid
    I own both a M-5100 and a M-5150. Good clean power.

I have never owned a M-5160 but from what I can tell from this series there is not really any significant difference. These M series amps appear to have been from some early 80's rack systems the lower number 500 series I believe were separates but very similar to the 5000 series. There were 5140's as well that look similar to the 5150 and 5160. I bought my 5150 along with a 3150 pre-amp, a graphic equalizer and a tape deck and at a local thrift for $25. I have a Service manual for a 5150 that is too large to attch so if you want to PM me your e-mail address I can send it to you.

hello

i need servive manual

could you give me a copy

thanks

King

Welcome to AR!

I think I still have a manual but would need to e-mail it you. PM me a e-mail address where you want it sent and I will see if I can help you out.
    NAD D3020
    Denon 2910
    Denon DMD 1000
    MSB Link DAC III
    Von Schweikert VR2
    NAD 7240PE
    NAD 5240
    Hughes AK 100
    Tascam 122
    Technics SL 1700
    Rogers BBC Monitors LS3/6

Thread Information