fiacone
    Onkyo a9555 V oUTLAW 2150
    Which Sound Better
  • 04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
    orts22
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fiacone
    Which Sound Better

The Outlaw!! I I Think their better built equiptment [but i have a 950 preamp/processor]
  • 04-08-2009, 02:26 PM
    JohnMichael
    The Onkyo A-9555 is a great integrated amp for the money. Very quiet and free from grain. Neutral with no noticeable colorations. The built in moving magnet stage is very good. I have not heard the Outlaw but the Onkyo beats my old Cambridge Audio 640A easily.
  • 04-08-2009, 02:32 PM
    fiacone
    onkyo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael
    The Onkyo A-9555 is a great integrated amp for the money. Very quiet and free from grain. Neutral with no noticeable colorations. The built in moving magnet stage is very good. I have not heard the Outlaw but the Onkyo beats my old Cambridge Audio 640A easily.

I love the Onkyo but I think the Outlaw has more features. I can use it either as a preaamp or a amp, It was shipped today
  • 04-08-2009, 02:33 PM
    fiacone
    It was shiiped today
    Quote:

Originally Posted by orts22
    The Outlaw!! I I Think their better built equiptment [but i have a 950 preamp/processor]

The Onkyo is a giant killer but I dont want to be left wondering if the Outlaw was better so I ordered one.
  • 04-08-2009, 02:36 PM
    fiacone
    Tuning fuse
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnMichael

Jon did you notice any difference wuith the fuse and what size did you get the half inch or larger size:9: :9:
  • 04-08-2009, 02:37 PM
    JohnMichael
    If you already ordered it why did you ask?
  • 04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
    fiacone
    fuse
    Quote:

Jon did you notice any difference wuith the fuse and what size did you get the half inch or larger size:9: :9:

I ordered the amp not the fuse. I have the Onkyo pl;aing for a week I wanted to know if the fuse made a difference and what size did you order. My system is a CJ Premier 11a,Catsli Signature MK11, Revel F30, MIT 750 tube terminator cable, MIT 330 tube terminators VPI hw19Jr with Rega RB 300 and Benz Micro. The Onkyo is in the system now and sounds great, I want to look at the Outlaw 2150 to see if its better becaue I could use my preamp with it and I have a moving coil cartridge. I wanted to know the size of the fuse they come two sixes small and large. Hope this helps
  • 04-08-2009, 11:44 PM
    blackraven
    Let us know which one you like better and why. I've been thinking about getting a new 2ch receiver or integrated amp for my bedroom. I like the fact that the 2150 has bass management and a tuner. Both units have had very good reviews.
  • 04-09-2009, 03:39 AM
    fiacone
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blackraven
    Let us know which one you like better and why. I've been thinking about getting a new 2ch receiver or integrated amp for my bedroom. I like the fact that the 2150 has bass management and a tuner. Both units have had very good reviews.

I keep you posted on the sound
  • 04-09-2009, 02:01 PM
    JohnMichael
    Quote:

John did you notice any difference wuith the fuse and what size did you get the half inch or larger size:9: :9:

Yes I noticed an improvement with the fuse. I would say most of the improvement was in the high frequencies. The highs sounded more extended but not brighter. More open sounding in the upper frequencies. The fuse is well worth the money. The amp takes the 6.3A small slow blow fuse. They have an all silver fuse that I will be trying and they claim it is even better since it is all silver and not silver and gold.
  • 04-10-2009, 04:06 PM
    fiacone
    Outlat
    Quote:

I keep you posted on the sound

10 hrs listening today. I bypassed bass management and tone controls doesnt sound hard anymore. First impressions in comparision of OnkyoA9555 more power better detail soundstage not as wide however so much can be done with the Outlaw than the Onkyo dosent do. Built better than the Tanks we have in Irag. Its a beast that can sound like a kitten I am impressed