AR Newbie Registered Member

NAD 7045 Questions

in black

Just picked a NAD 7045 on craigslist for $50. Connected it instead of my JVC RX 888 and already it sounds like an a big improvement running with my Klipsch kg4. I'll admit it, it was an impulse buy.

Now that I had time to research, I cannot find any reviews of it. The only info that exists seems to be on non-English sites. Was this some sort of a limited run model?

Another issue I am having is distortion when using Phono 1. There is constant loud noise add feedback, even on the lowest volume. Also, if there is input from Phono 2, its amplified int he distortion from the P1 channel. Am I to assume that the channel is broken?

Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dire

in black

Another issue I am having is distortion when using Phono 1. There is constant loud noise add feedback, even on the lowest volume. Also, if there is input from Phono 2, its amplified int he distortion from the P1 channel. Am I to assume that the channel is broken?

Thanks in advance.
    Which cartridge and turntable are you using? Is there a mc/mm switch on the back of the receiver? If there is a switch and you are using a moving magnet and it is set for mc it is overloading the preamp in the receiver. Also in recent years a few turntables had built in phono preamps and this would be too high a signal for a phono input. Also is the turntable grounded to the receiver? Give us more info and we can help more.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Thread Information