Forum Regular

do you know SUnFire?

i was wondering what people think of sunfire amps. i was thinking of getting the symphonic reference to drive my Dynaudio 52se. But, i dont know anything about sunfire. is it worth the money? your comments are thanked in advance.

FWIW I heard the Dane Temptations bi-amped with a Sunfire rig and it was so cold and sterile it really skewed my opinion of both lines. Bob Carver has always made interesting and sometimes innovative stuff but I've never really bought into his sound. Even in the 80's I didn't care for Carver amps. The Sunfires have a switch on the back to alter them from regular to high current if I remember right. Whether there's an audible difference is up to you to decide. Obviously, you're the only one who can decide what sounds right or wrong with your new toys. If it were my rig, I'd audition warmer amps to bring a more organic sound to the Danes. Something like Audio Refinement, Rotel, B&K, or PS Audio (which is what I run). Tubes may also be fun option, if you're so inclined.

Have fun and good luck.

Forum Regular
    ive been lookng at the sunfire site "www.sunfire.com" for along time now. that stereo amp with 650 watts a side is insane. and the subwoofer rated at 2700 watts. when are you going to use that much power? thats WAY over the top, but i would still buy it just to say i have that much power if i wanted it. if you ever needed a cheap way to tear down your house all you would have to do would be put on some ear muffs and crank the volume.

Forum Regular

haha

thanks guys. thats all i needed to hear. I guess the Sunfire Symphonic Refernce stack is not a good buy even at $1350. so now what.....rotel separates? i really have decided to lay off HT for now. So, i am going to focus the $$$ on having sweeeet stereo sound. I have $1500 to spend. No more and no less. Again, I am waiting to receive the new Dynaudio 52se. Thanks for knowledgable posts.

Quote Originally Posted by nusiclover
    thanks guys. thats all i needed to hear. I guess the Sunfire Symphonic Refernce stack is not a good buy even at $1350. so now what.....rotel separates? i really have decided to lay off HT for now. So, i am going to focus the $$$ on having sweeeet stereo sound. I have $1500 to spend. No more and no less. Again, I am waiting to receive the new Dynaudio 52se. Thanks for knowledgable posts.
    How about the Jolida 302B(?) integrated? Tubes are definitely sweeet! Could make a killer match.

Forum Regular

cant find jolida

my dealer doenst carry jolida tubes. I WOULD be interested but i already have the $$$ tied up at my dealers. how about i give you the website and then IF you know what matches the Dyns well, please let me know. Thanks all.
    http://www.sfstereo.com

Thread Information