Forum Regular

New products from NAD

Hello All,

Does anyone know if there are any new products being developed at NAD, or what might be coming down the pipeline from them (amps, cd players, etc)?

Thanks.

The new line of HDMI 1.3 receivers (T785, T775, T765) and pre-amp (T175) is now on their website.

Bullet Points: No 1080p video 'upscaling', Passthrough of native resolution only (upto 1080p) only. BUT does have analog-to-HDMI video 'cross-conversion'.. Audyessy MultiEQ XT.

nightflier
    Any BR / HDDVD players?

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Any BR / HDDVD players?
    Doubtful.

nightflier
    Yeah I emailed them and they said they were waiting until 2008. 'Seems to be the stance most companies are taking. I got the same response from just about everyone but Onkyo and Denon, although I have yet to see a player on the shelf - looks like they'll be sitting this x-mas season out. Interesting how these two companies, neck-and-neck in this market, and with pretty much the same rep., each chose different sides.

Yeah I emailed them and they said they were waiting until 2008. 'Seems to be the stance most companies are taking. I got the same response from just about everyone but Onkyo and Denon, although I have yet to see a player on the shelf - looks like they'll be sitting this x-mas season out. Interesting how these two companies, neck-and-neck in this market, and with pretty much the same rep., each chose different sides.
    The mid to high-end companies are playing it smart and holding off until they can make a more intelligent decision on how to progress in the next few years, in the meantime they are still churning out good products that handle the current formats well, I only picked up the LG dual-format player in the meantime because it will get me by until Denon or someone else makes on that is superior.

nightflier
    And thus if they are waiting it out, that's a pretty good reason for the consumers to wait too, but I've already said that a few times....

And thus if they are waiting it out, that's a pretty good reason for the consumers to wait too, but I've already said that a few times....
    I completely agree. In fact I bought the LG because it was an open-box item that was $399 and I still got the 2-year product plan on it since it was open I wanted to ensure it was all good. I think it served as a demo unit for some time and LG is coming out with a new model soon, if it already hasn't hit streets. Otherwise I was planning to wait it out, but now that I have one I hit up Netflix for HD format discs and I also review stuff for the website that I started with my friend, which has put me in a position to have a nice small collection already.

They've also got their new low-end products the C315BEE & C515BEE. Which can only be aimed at the kind of people who buy Mercedes-Benz A-class cars.

And also the C715 'compact music system' a half-sized stereo receiver with integrated CD player outputting 25watts.

I have a very perverse desire to buy one and hook it up to a pair of RBH T-30 LSEs.

Thread Information