Forum Regular

New dayton subwoofer amp!!

Just saw this on parts express looks to be the same as the 1000w plate amp but in a rack mount config.

I think I might have to get this one instead of the plate. Going behind the sub to turn a knob never seemed like a good thing to me. Unless someone can give me a dissadvantage to this compared to the plate I'm gonna get it.

Forum Regular
    guess it would be nice of me to make a link huh!

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...ksubamp&wt.sv2

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    The only disadvantage would be connecting the woofer...just make sure any holes you drill for wire are air tight, always. Goop works well.

What's wrong with 5-ways?

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    The only disadvantage would be connecting the woofer...just make sure any holes you drill for wire are air tight, always. Goop works well.
    I was thinking of building a sub (or maybe a pair) using Dayton Reference drivers. I was just going to use a pair of 5-way connectors to connect to a Behringer EP1500 amp.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    I was thinking of building a sub (or maybe a pair) using Dayton Reference drivers. I was just going to use a pair of 5-way connectors to connect to a Behringer EP1500 amp.
    That's what I've used, I just find that over time they can leak a bit with subs (not speakers, yet), so I go the extra step. There is a lot of pressure in the cabinet, and mdf isn't immune to erosion.

Forum Regular
    I got this amp in the other day it will be driving a tempest classic 15 for now and likely a tumult later. Now in the little write up that came with it says not for pro sound or dj use. So does this mean I can't drive a tumult at near peak levels for a long time? How long is long? The end plan for this amp is for use with the tumult to play loud at large house parties and outside sometimes. what does this equate to and how will I know if I'm pushing too much.

Thread Information