Forum Regular

Question need input on system

hello, i am new to this site, like all the forums and the gallery too. but i have a question to throw out to all that will listen to me. my first system was all polk( i still have it) rti 38( front l/r) csi40(center) and r15( surrounds) the receiver was a denon 2106( i still have it) and it sound real good, but with life you know things change so i did a major upgrade and did this, my new system, polk rti10( front) csi5( center) polk rti8( surrounds) and 2 yes 2 klipsch synergy subs, it`s all hooked up to a pioneer elite vsx-94txh receiver rated @ 140 watts x 7( i did bi-amp the front spkrs) now if you had this spkr system how would you hook it up, would you, #1 bi-amp all the spkrs( yes the whole spkr system can be bi-amp) or just bi-amp the front left and right. #2 what type of spkr wire would you use. i am also thinking about going with the svs line(subs) and sell the 2 klipsch to my friend who is trying to start a system, would just like to get some input to see what others would do with this system. THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer-man
    hello, i am new to this site, like all the forums and the gallery too. but i have a question to throw out to all that will listen to me.
    What are your objectives? You have a good system as is. Don't forget the contribution of the front end either (CD/DVD player/DAC).

My HT is a similar arrangement to your last one using Polk RTi35s fronts, Polk CSi40 center, Eosone powered subs and Rat Shack Minimus rears. I was able to make it far more neutral sounding by equalizing the subs (nothing else). In your case, that would mean biamping the 10s and applying it to the woofer signal. It also requires buying a SPL meter (Radio Shack - $50) and test CD ($12) in order to calibrate the EQ.

BTW, I'm a believer in using more than one sub. You get more flexibility with placement for the most neutral response.

rw

Forum Regular
    just change my subs to the psw1000, two of them and my system is complete, the subs make my whole system more open and the bass sounds like it`s coming from my mains, just the way you want it to be, the psw1000 has the same bash amp as the svs line, the psw1000 was on clearance for 550.00 reg. $1,000 so i got two, my room has a opening so that`s why i use two subs. what do you mean by the front end?

Quote Originally Posted by pioneer-man
    what do you mean by the front end?
    The source(s) such as CD/DVD player, tape, phono, etc.

rw

Thread Information