• 03-04-2005, 11:51 AM
    clc77fm
    Need help with volume settings pre-amp/powered speakers
    Hi,I hope this is in the right section, I've got a Yamaha DP-U50 (Soundcard/Pre-amp) hooked up to a pair of powered swans m200 Speakers, I'm using the Yamaha as the soundcard for my computer and as a pre-amp for switching between DVD,Turntable,Ect. What I'm curious about is whether it matters whether I have the speakers turned up and use the yamahas volume control or whether I can just turn the yamaha up all the way and use the volume knob on the speakers,or if it even matters? I hope that makes sense....

Thanks!
  • 03-04-2005, 12:55 PM
    BRANDONH
    Quote:

Originally Posted by clc77fm
    Hi,I hope this is in the right section, I've got a Yamaha DP-U50 (Soundcard/Pre-amp) hooked up to a pair of powered swans m200 Speakers, I'm using the Yamaha as the soundcard for my computer and as a pre-amp for switching between DVD,Turntable,Ect. What I'm curious about is whether it matters whether I have the speakers turned up and use the yamahas volume control or whether I can just turn the yamaha up all the way and use the volume knob on the speakers,or if it even matters? I hope that makes sense....

Thanks!

I think it will be a mixture of both.