Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Forum Regular

Smile Need help on amp basics

This is my first thread in this section. I am not an audiophile but i do like good quality sound. I am planning on setting up a system for both music and HT with a initial budget of $4k.

I know for a fact that if i were to setup both music & 5.1 with $4k i would end up with an average system. So i want to do it in 2 phases. I am still undecided whether to go music first then HT or the reverse.

To help me decide i need to know what equipments to get to achieve my ultimate system, then only i can plan out the purchase.

Can anyone help to explain :
    - Is pre/pro = AV receiver = surround processor?
    - Is integrated amp = pre-amp + power amp?
    - How should these amps be connected from source to speaker? Are there many different configurations?
    - What is the best setup (assuming money is no object) for both music & HT sharing the same pair of main speakers?

For speakers I have auditioned Sonus Faber Concertino Domus (bookshelf), Monitor Audio RS8 (floorstander) and i must say i like the Concertino more. I heard SF is pretty easy to drive so I have more choices of amps to choose. Any suggestion which amp is good?

Thanks

AR Newbie
    Hello,

Sorry I Am Not The Right Person To Advice You On This Case I'm Afraid.
    If Was In The Same Situation I Would Go For Music 2 Channel,then Build My System Up Little Little.

Respect.

Shane.

nightflier

Welcome to AR

"Is pre/pro = AV receiver = surround processor?"

The receiver typically includes an amp section, whereas the other two require a seperate amp. Many receivers can accommodate a separate amp as well although you'd have two logical amps and only be using one.

"Is integrated amp = pre-amp + power amp?"

Yes, theoretically.

"How should these amps be connected from source to speaker? Are there many different configurations?"

Yes, probably too many to list. But the most basic would be: source (CD) > preamp > amp > speakers.

"What is the best setup (assuming money is no object) for both music & HT sharing the same pair of main speakers?"

That's not an easy question to answer. It is both subjective and a matter of how many components you have. Generally speaking, your best results will be the from the simplest setup using quality components. It's somewhat of a personal philosophy of mine but for me, the fewer buttons, the better.

" For speakers I have auditioned Sonus Faber Concertino Domus (bookshelf), Monitor Audio RS8 (floorstander) and i must say i like the Concertino more. I heard SF is pretty easy to drive so I have more choices of amps to choose. Any suggestion which amp is good?"

You have thousands of choices, so there's no easy answer. Most good amps of 50W or more will drive just about most speakers. There are many factors such as amperage ratings, THD, S/N that may be just as important to you after you hear some more units.

The speakers you listed are about as different as you can get. The price may be a factor for you, but that shouldn't be your only purchasing decision. Compare the SF with other bookshelves with the same Monitor - Tweeter configuration that is approximately the same size. The differences will be very different from what you heard comparing to the Monitor Audios.

The key is to listen to as much as you can, preferably in your own home with your own music. Much of this depends on your own preferences. See if you can borrow some speakers from friends or if manufacturers will let you audition speakers for a little while. I know from personal experience that Magnepan, Ohm, Aperion, SVS, AV123 and Axiom do, but I have to believe that most of them do.

This is a fun hobby. Welcome.

Suspended
    You really do have several ways to go and many brands to choose from. Doing some listening is a good idea.

If you want the best of both worlds, music and HT, there are a couple of basic configurations you can use though.

1. Get a preamp processor and separate power amp

2. Set up a 2 channel system but make sure the preamp, or integrated, has a "bypass" feature. This feature will allow you to connect the front/main preamp outs of a HT receiver or preamp to it, an passing it through to the power amp. So both 2-channel and HT fronts will use the same amplification and speakers.

3. You could still buy a receiver but buy one built by a higher quality manufacturer who would put more emphasis on good sound for 2-channel, like Arcam, Rotel, possibly NAD.

Did your $4k budget include electronics and speakers? If so, you should either start with 2-channel and build from there, or think about #3. High quality separates will cost, at least $4k for processor/power amp, if you are lucky.

I've got a Krell integrated with the bypass feature I was talking about and a Krell cdp I'd be willing to sell. Some day I need to get serious and post it on Audiogon. Just email if interested.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    You really do have several ways to go and many brands to choose from. Doing some listening is a good idea.

If you want the best of both worlds, music and HT, there are a couple of basic configurations you can use though.

1. Get a preamp processor and separate power amp

2. Set up a 2 channel system but make sure the preamp, or integrated, has a "bypass" feature. This feature will allow you to connect the front/main preamp outs of a HT receiver or preamp to it, an passing it through to the power amp. So both 2-channel and HT fronts will use the same amplification and speakers.

3. You could still buy a receiver but buy one built by a higher quality manufacturer who would put more emphasis on good sound for 2-channel, like Arcam, Rotel, possibly NAD.

Did your $4k budget include electronics and speakers? If so, you should either start with 2-channel and build from there, or think about #3. High quality separates will cost, at least $4k for processor/power amp, if you are lucky.

I've got a Krell integrated with the bypass feature I was talking about and a Krell cdp I'd be willing to sell. Some day I need to get serious and post it on Audiogon. Just email if interested.
    #1, is Yamaha RX-V861 a pre-amp processor?

#2, Do you mean the following configuration

Source --> Preamp --> HT Receiver --> Power Amp --> Speaker

Bypass : Preamp to Power Amp (skip Receiver)

#3, I had a discussion with the audio shop today about going separates or receiver, and apparently he thinks that with my budget, it is best to get a high quality receiver for both music and HT. Optional upgrade would be a power amp if I can up the budget. I want a system that will last me long enough without frequent upgrading, so i think getting good quality equipment one at a time is a good idea.

They recommended the high end receiver of Yamaha RX-Z9 (demo unit available at $2200), RX-V3800 or RX-V1800. I haven't auditioned any of them except the lower end RX-V861.

Any comments anyone?

The RX-V861 is an A/V receiver. It includes a processor, tuner and amps all rolled into one unit. It doesn't do a bad job, but having separates would sound better if you have the cash. It can also be used as just a processor if you add external amps. You would not need a processor and a receiver. If you get a processor you will need amps. (but not a receiver)

Receiver = tuner, processor & amps
    Integrated amp = processor & amps (no tuner)
    A processor takes the signal from your source (CD, turntable, DVD player etc) and sends it to the amps. It controls volume, balance, type of decoding etc.
    The amps amplify the signal and sends it to your speakers.

What speakers you pick out will dictate whether or not separates will make a big difference or not.

Source-processor-amp-speakers
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by wchek

#3, I had a discussion with the audio shop today about going separates or receiver, and apparently he thinks that with my budget, it is best to get a high quality receiver for both music and HT. Optional upgrade would be a power amp if I can up the budget. I want a system that will last me long enough without frequent upgrading, so i think getting good quality equipment one at a time is a good idea.

They recommended the high end receiver of Yamaha RX-Z9 (demo unit available at $2200), RX-V3800 or RX-V1800. I haven't auditioned any of them except the lower end RX-V861.

Any comments anyone?
    Pick out your speakers first. Then you'll know how much power you will need. The RX-VZ9 is an older model. It's very nice but doesn't have HDMI wich you may want if you go 1080p HD down the road. The RX-V1800 is very nice and would drive most speakers well. You could always add a 2 channel amp later if need be (as they said) The 3800 isn't much different than the 1800. The 10 more watts won't mean much in real life. Save the 3 or 4 hundred $ difference.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    Thank you GMichael for your advice.

Of all the speakers i have auditioned so far (Sonus Faber Concertino Domus, Monitor Audio RS-8, AE Evo 3), i like the Fabers most even though it is a bookshelf. I am now thinking of the Concertino + Velodyne VX-10 sub combo (because the SF floorstanders are out of my budget + i heard bookshelves produce better clarity + my own experience when comparing concertino and RS-8).

I understand that the SF are pretty easy to drive so I have lots of choice for receiver / amp. I am going to audition ProAc Reference 8 mains and REL sub when time allows, but i think the ProAc are more difficult to drive.

Is the Yamaha RX-V1800 good enough for me? Would the sound quality improve a lot if I add a Exposure 2010 power amp?

Suspended
    Me personally, if I was spending that kind of money, I wouldn't be bringing home a Yamaha. Check it out but before you buy compare it with an Arcam, Rotel or NAD. These companies may lack a few bells & whistles but they tend to put more emphasis on sound quality. It's just my opinion but it's stretching things a bit to call the Yamaha a "high end" receiver.

Actually, Arcam has a preamp/processor for $2,500.00 that is very good. Rotel makes a preamp processor that was around $1,600.00 but I haven't kept up with model progressions. It used to be a big bang for the buck. Their digital amp is also getting a lot of good talk. You could get the Rotel separates and match them with B&W or Paradigm for a great system. Arcam builds some killer power amps, their separates may go slightly beyond your budget. Rotel might work because I'm fairly certain they still make a good budget preamp/processor, it used to be the rsp-1068.

Using the bypass, you would basically have two systems that share the main speakers. Let's use an integrated for stereo. You'd plug your cd player into that along with any other source for stereo. Let's say for budget sake we buy a receiver for HT, you plug your DVD and other video sources into that. Your mains are connected to the integrated, the center and rears to the receiver. But how do I use the mains in HT you ask. You go from your receivers preamp output and connect that into the integrated amps theater bypass. When watching a movie both the integrated and receiver will be on but the signal meant for your mains will go from your receiver into the integrated. Once it reaches the integrated it bypasses the preamp and goes directly to the power section and out to your speakers. You are basically using the integrated amp as a slave to the receiver for HT. When listening to stereo, you just have the integrated on and do your thing.

Suspended
    Sonus Faber are very good. You wouldn't hear their full potential from a Yamaha receiver.

Keep in mind when you are thinking of adding an amp to a receiver, you are still limited by the receiver's preamp section. Although this is a popular thing to do, and an outboard amp will be some what of an improvement, it's not really worth the money a higher quality amp would cost. There's only so much stuff you can stuff into a receiver and have it cost a certain price. You will yield overall better sound quality for music from either a separate preamp processor, or separate 2 channel system.

One other thing, when you are hooking every thing into the receiver, if you use digital connections the digital to analog conversion will be done by the receiver. You can generally get better 2 channel sound from a quality cd player than you can from a receiver's internal DAC.

You really have to ask yourself where you listening will be done most, HT or stereo.

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Keep in mind when you are thinking of adding an amp to a receiver, you are still limited by the receiver's preamp section. Although this is a popular thing to do, and an outboard amp will be some what of an improvement, it's not really worth the money a higher quality amp would cost. There's only so much stuff you can stuff into a receiver and have it cost a certain price. You will yield overall better sound quality for music from either a separate preamp processor, or separate 2 channel system.

One other thing, when you are hooking every thing into the receiver, if you use digital connections the digital to analog conversion will be done by the receiver. You can generally get better 2 channel sound from a quality cd player than you can from a receiver's internal DAC.

You really have to ask yourself where you listening will be done most, HT or stereo.
    Thanks Mr Peabody, your comments really helped me in understanding the whole picture much better!

Seems like a receiver is really not a good idea if i want good sound for both music & HT. So if I use a pre/pro like the Arcam AVP700 or Rotel RSP-1068, the system will give me reasonably good sound without adding a integrated or power amp?

What would be the ideal setup in this case?
    1) pre/pro + power amp
    2) pre/pro + integrated
    3) pre/pro only

The AVP700 would stain my budget quite a bit so I think for now the RSP-1068 is the way to go. Does the AVP700 really worth the $700 extra?

One thing about the 1068 is that it has been out in the market for a while now and i'm not sure if the technologies (especially the decoding formats) are still the latest or going to obsolete soon. Also I didn't see any HDMI input/output on the backpanel drawing.

What would be the ideal setup in this case?
    1) pre/pro + power amp
    2) pre/pro + integrated
    3) pre/pro only

1) This would work great.
    2) An intgrated amp icludes a processor (pre/pro). You don't really need two.
    3) No amp? ='s no sound.

I agree that 99% of the receivers out there are below the level of the speakers you are looking at.

Suspended
    The rsp-1069 is the newest version, it has HDMI switching but not 1.3. If your preamp has 5.1 or 7.1 analog inputs that will be all you need to keep up with HD players because they all will do the decoding for you.

The only way to tell if the Arcam would be worth the extra money would be to listen to them. The Arcam would have more of an agressive presentation where the Rotel would be more laid back.

Hopefully, you live in an area where you could hear the Rotel and how it sounds with other speakers. If you get the Rotel rsp, I'd highly recommend using a Rotel power amp for system synergy. The Sonus Faber are good speakers and I would be surprised if they didn't sound great with Rotel. This would be a sweet little package. I'm not sure how much their digital multi-channel amp runs but that would be one to look at.

If you went with the Rotel separates that would be a good compromise, it's better than a receiver and a lot cheaper than having 2 systems. Let me tell you too, a good HT preamp is just as enjoyable on movies.

Suspended
    There aren't many integrated amps with processors built in. I believe he was referring to the two system set up I was talking about.

Forum Regular
    Yes, the "pre/pro + integrated" setup refers to the two system setup as mentioned by Peabody.

So of the three setup above, can i say that "pre/pro + integrated" is the most upgrade-proof setup one can get for both music & HT?

Unlike the HT setup, 2-channel music system is basically upgrade-proof, as long as you get a reasonably good system it will last you for a long long time. Can i say that a good music setup consists of a source (CDP) + preamp + power amp + speaker/sub? If cost is a concern, the preamp + power amp can be replaced by an integrated amp?

If the above is true, i might consider spending more on music system and less on HT equipment. What do you guys think?

Suspended
    If you like the idea of 2 systems, for HT I'd recommend a receiver. A receiver would include the other channels of amplification you would need. A processor or more accurately, preamp processor, this is going to require power amps for all channels. This would be a very expensive way to go when having 2 systems. To keep the cost in line while going with 2 systems I'd recommend an integrated amp for the 2 channel side with the "theater bypass" feature and a decent HT receiver from Cambridge Audio, NAD or possibly Rotel if the cost wouldn't break the budget. One thing about Rotel, and some may disagree, but I find they have a distinct sound and they may be a bit harder to match sound with an integrated's internal amp.

It may be just as good, depending on what you are looking at for 2 channel, to just go with a Rotel processor and multi-channel amp.

Many integrated amps offer the "bypass", I know all Krell do. I'd have to look at the model you were interested in to be sure on other brands. I've seen used Krell 300i's used for around $1,100.00, this is a good buy and incredibly good sounding amp with seemingly endless power. The downside is it seems to sound it's best with Krell cdp or maybe another brand with the same emphasis on current.

If you had access to listen you should go see how much difference you notice between receivers and integrated amps from some of the brands I've mentioned.

Forum Regular
    In a bookshelf + sub speaker combo setup, is the 2 channel amp still a good choice? Does the 2 channel really mean only the pair of mains and not the sub? Can i still use "theatre bypass" for music listening in this setup (integrated + receiver)?

If that is the case, what choice of amp is most suitable for bookshelf + sub setup for music?

I kinda like the idea of a Rotel pre/pro + multi-channel amp. But i am thinking maybe i should spend more on music than HT, because HT technologies move so fast thus subject to more frequent upgrade.

Taking this into consideration, what setup options do i have? In general, is pre/pro or receiver more expensive?

Suspended
    Wanting to use your sub for both systems complicates things. It can be done by Y'ing off the main pre outs with one side to a sub and the other to the integrated. You'd have to set your receiver to "no sub" so that full range goes to the mains. You might also find the Sonus Faber sounds pretty good without a sub for music.

I really think your best option is the pre/pro and multi-channel power amp. My processor is a few years old with no recent video switching but it does have DTS/Dolby Digital and analog inputs if I want to use them. This is still compatible with anything. All I do is run my video sources directly to my TV. I personally think that's best, one less component for the video to run through and one less place to worry about a upsampling conversion. You could actually find a good deal on a close out older model and as long as it has at least 5.1 analog inputs you will be good with HD disc players. The only thing you sacrafice is video switching going that way. Both HD disc formats decode inside the machine, so you don't really have to worry about whether your processor has the latest HD movie audio decoders. HD discs are easily compatible with current and past HT gear as long as you don't get hung up on having HDMI, I don't want to get off on a rant but the HDMI is so confusing and all the facts aren't given, I think it's better to avoid it in your stereo and let your TV deal with it. HD disc players have multi-channel outputs like SACD and these would hook into whatever HT gear you got as long as they were equipped with the multi-channel input. Most are since they were needed for SACD.

If you are confused on a point let me know.

Forum Regular
    In a pre/pro + multi-channel power amp setup,
    - Do both pre/pro & power amp need to be turned on for stereo music listening?
    - Does the pre/pro process both video & audio signal or just the video signal?
    - From the DVD player, do i connect the video output directly to the LCD (via Components or HDMI), and the audio signal to the pre/pro?
    - If i have a separate CD player, do i connect it to the pre/pro or directly to the multi-channel power amp?

Which model of pre/pro and multi-channel power amp would you recommend?

What is video switching? Is it for digital video on cable TV?

I agree with you, running video source directly to the TV is a good idea. However, it would be great if i can make use of the upsampling function in the pre/pro to increase the resolution of the satellite TV signal i subscribed to. It has pretty low resolution that the pictures appear to be worse on my 42" Plasma than a CRT TV. To make things worse, i will be getting a 46" Sharp LCD TV for my HT. Will check if the new TV has at least 2 inputs (HDMI or Components), one for HD video source (DVD) direct, another input for satellite signal running thru the pre/pro.

Is HDMI better than Components?

Thank you guys for helping me understand this game better! It's getting more and more interesting now!!

Suspended
    [QUOTE=wchek]In a pre/pro + multi-channel power amp setup,
    * Yes, as a preamp does not have a power section to drive speakers-

Does the pre/pro process both video & audio signal or just the video signal?
    * It can do both. Some feature upsampling for video and some just bypass it. The switching is where you can switch from, let's say DVD to cable box with your processor/receiver's remote with one button both audio and video would switch. Processors can decode digital signals from DVD or CD, they can also accept analog (already decoded) signals for either 2 channel or 5-7.1.

- From the DVD player, do i connect the video output directly to the LCD (via Components or HDMI), and the audio signal to the pre/pro?
    *Yes, that is one way. HDMI is probably better because it gives your TV a digital signal and carries both audio & video, which is handy for watching TV without the surround system on. It is alright to connect to either TV or processor as long as the processor accepts current video connections but as we discussed earlier going direct to the TV has it's advantages.

;- If i have a separate CD player, do i connect it to the pre/pro or directly to the multi-channel power amp?
    * You would connect it to the processor, a power amp does not have volume control. Depending on the quality of your CD player, you could use either a digital or analog connection, you'd have to try both to see which sounds best. Most processors will allow a bypass (not to be confused with the previous "bypass" we talked about) for the analog connection to have a more direct route and bypass all the HT features for better sound.

* For your budget and keeping with a good value, take a listen to the Rotel, NAD, possibly Adcom or B&K. Which brands would you have access to?

* If you run all video sources into a processor or receiver, then only one connection from there to TV, this will allow you to switch both sound and video of the same source with one button on your remote, that's it.

I agree with you, running video source directly to the TV is a good idea. However, it would be great if i can make use of the upsampling function in the pre/pro to increase the resolution of the satellite TV signal i subscribed to. It has pretty low resolution that the pictures appear to be worse on my 42" Plasma than a CRT TV. To make things worse, i will be getting a 46" Sharp LCD TV for my HT. Will check if the new TV has at least 2 inputs (HDMI or Components), one for HD video source (DVD) direct, another input for satellite signal running thru the pre/pro.
    * An LCD should upsample your satelite signal anyway without help from another source, this is why really it's better to go directly to the TV. You may have to go inside the satelite box and set the output resolution. Do you have HD channels now from your satelite?

* That's debateable but it is supposed to be and it's the only true digital connection. As I mentioned above, HDMI carries both digital audio and video with only the one connection.
    Thank you guys for helping me understand this game better! It's getting more and more interesting now!!

Forum Regular
    So now i have narrowed down to two options :
    (A) : receiver + 2 channel integrated amp
    (B) : pre/pro + multi-channel power amp

After a quick check on some prices on the internet, i feel (A) fits my budget more comfortably than (B).

For Setup (B), Rotel RSP-1608 + RMB-1075 would set me off by about $2700. I think this setup places equal emphasis on both music and HT, which is my original intention. However, as I research on I found that it is worthwhile to spend a little more on 2-channel music because it doesn't go outdated as fast, unlike in HT technologies.

This is another reason why i prefer Setup (A), besides that cost. A normal Yamaha RX-V861 receiver + Rotel RA-1062 integrated only costs $1400 (almost half of (B)). I am not sure how the 2-channel music will turn out to be, but I would be happy if it is equally good or even better than the 2-channel in Setup (B). I know HT quality in (B) will be much better, but the $1300 i saved can be spent on a better integrated or speaker/sub.

So in Setup (A) with bookshelf mains, what is the best way to connect the sub for 2-channel music?

Other equipments under consideration are:
    Main speaker : Sonus Faber Concertino Domus (bookshelf)
    Sub : Velodyne VX-10 or REL
    Surround : Wharfedale Diamond 9 DFS
    Integrated amp : any recommendation?
    Receiver : any recommendation? (budget for integrated + receiver : $1400-$2000)
    DVD Player : Pioneer DV600
    CD Player : any recommendation? (budget $500)

What do you guys think?

I have access to Rotel, Cambridge Audio, Exposure, Yamaha, but not sure about NAD, Adcom and B&K though. The satellite signal doesn't have HD channels at the moment, but i think it is coming soon.

Suspended
    You should listen to the Cambridge and Rotel to see which sound you prefer. Both offer pretty good value but they sound different from each other.

The only way I'd know to do a sub with a two system set up as I stated in an earlier post, you'd have to set the receiver to "no sub" in the set up menu, direct your LFE to mains, and use Y adaptors from the integrated pre outs, with one side to the sub and the other back into the amp. I doubt if you find a stereo integrated with sub out.

Suspended
    www.spearitsound.com is selling a NAD preamp processor with 7 channel power amp for $1,948.00, regularly around $3,500.00. The power amp is sold as a refurb, the website would give you the definition. The processor has 7.1 analog in so it would work with HD disc players. Only component video in/outs though.

I saw this and thought I'd share, Jack would give at a 14 day return. They aren't as generous as some but very good to deal with. I've bought stuff from them before. They also carry Rotel and Cambridge, Jack could give you some good info between the 3 if you email him. Link is on the site under "used/demos".

Cool

In a pre/pro + multi-channel power amp setup,
    yes

- Does the pre/pro process both video & audio signal or just the video signal?
    both
    Maybe. "video switching" will obsolete a perfectly good receiver or prepro more than
    anything, because these days the standards are in flux. TRY to connect video directly to your MONITOR

- If i have a separate CD player, do i connect it to the pre/pro or directly to the multi-channel power amp?
    To the pre pro, you really are new to this aren't you?

Outlaw, for reasons I will explain shortly

IT FOR CHOOSING BETWEEN video sources, DVd and cable, HD dvd, etc

There is no "upsampling" unless you spend a few grand on a scaler. An upconverting
    dvd player will upconvert a signal and make it look a bit smoother but you wont get any resolution out of it that didn't go into it. This is the first law of the universe,
    THERE AIN'T NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH.

YES, you need at least two of these on your TV

let me throw a little cold water on you.
    Don't get the cart before the horse, first you need a budget.
    With 4K YOU need to spend half on speakers at least, they are the most important part
    of your system.
    That leaves 2K for amplification, sources, cables, etc.
    A pre pro is the best route, but if you don't know where the CD player plugs into you have no business buying one, and you can't afford one on your budget.
    I would reccomend something like an Integra, a higher line version of Onkyo.
    I got one for 1200$, and it has stuff like 12 volt triggers and preamp outs, that would make it a beginner pre pro when you're ready, which is why I bought it.
    When you learn a few things you can get a five channel amp from someplace like
    Outlaw, hook it up and you have a beginner pre pro setup, but in the meantime you have a nice receiver and speaker setup.
    Yamaha has nice higher line stuff also, Mr P aside.
    Yammys pay at least a little attention to stuff like Damping factors, and while they aren't
    as good as seperate amps, they at least try, they make their own DSP chips for instance.
    Marantz is also nice, their stuff seems more "musical " to me at least, if that makes
    sense. And with decent speakers you should have a nice system to both look at and listen to. None of this advice includes the price of a display BTW
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Suspended
    Pix, you dogged Rich out for having B&W with his Yamaha and now you are telling this buy to spend an entire half his budget on speakers, which are important, but I disagree, the, most important.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information