Thread: Nad C352...

Forum Regular

Nad C352...

Hi,
    Anybody out here has any experience with the new NAD C352 which is replacing the C350 ?The dealer out here ie refusing to import this one saying that the amp is not good enough.I don't believe this.This one is supposed to be an upgrade on the c 350 !

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hertz
    Hi,
    Anybody out here has any experience with the new NAD C352 which is replacing the C350 ?The dealer out here ie refusing to import this one saying that the amp is not good enough.I don't believe this.This one is supposed to be an upgrade on the c 350 !
    That does happen that a dealer does not like the new line of a product. However, a dealer here dropped Arcam claiming they didn't like the new products. However, what the REAL situation was that two dealers in the area were carrying Arcam and the other dealer requested exclusive rights to the product and that they would carry EVERYTHING the company carried. So the BS the first dealer was touting was a falsehood. That is the second time I have been lied to by that dealer and I don't go there anymore.

On the other hand, The owner of Audio Note(Peter Qvortrup) once ran a dealership and he sold and imported Snell speakers into the UK. When Peter Snell died, the company beancounters took over and came out with an entirely different line of speakers with high prices and poor sound...So Peter refused the line. Then a decade later after creating Audio Note he remade the original Snell designs(with of course better parts and materials).

Amplifiers like NAD? I have a feeling the dealer would rather just sell old stock. When the new one comes out full on then you'll see him carrying it most likely. Then again it could suck...it has happened.

AR Newbie Registered Member

Don't Believe The (un)Hype!

Quote Originally Posted by hertz
    Hi,
    Hi,
    I've been auditioning for a new amp for a year now and have narrowed it down to the NAD 320BEE and the C352 and the Marantz PM7200. Having listened to the two NAD's (yesterday!) the search is finally over. The C352 is an AMAZING piece of kit for the money with lovely mid-range and deep yet tuneful bass. The difference between the 320BEE and C352 was noticeable. Although the guy in the store offered me a listen to the new C372 I declined as my budget won't allow but I am assured it is even more impressive. But for this rock/classical/indie listener the C352 nails it. Despite the press reviews I found the external build quality solid as a rock and the weight reasuringly heavy.

Of course a lot depends on the rest of the set-up. I listened with the C521BEE CD player and a pair of AE Aegis Evo 1's, Nora Jones latest CD and the result was stunning.

As for your jaded dealer- well, you have to ask what is it HE wants to sell YOU? Do you trust him to make that decision on your behalf- did he even listen to it himself? I suspect not- he probably just has something else that has been lying on his shelf for a while he wants to shift instead!

If I could afford it- I would buy an extra one for you and save you the decision!

Thread Information