Thread: Nad C325bee

AR Newbie Registered Member

Nad C325bee

Reading the reviews/specs on the NAD C325BEE, it seems that the difference with the old 320BEE is a kind of MP3-type input...could someone explain me what it means?
    Does it also come with the C352?

There's more to it than that

Quote Originally Posted by girardasse
    Reading the reviews/specs on the NAD C325BEE, it seems that the difference with the old 320BEE is a kind of MP3-type input...could someone explain me what it means?
    Along with the traditional RCA input jacks, this one comes with a 3.5 mm stereo jack as well. There are also a number of circuit changes as well. Read this for details.

Quote Originally Posted by girardasse
    Does it also come with the C352?
    It appears the 3.5 mm jacks only come with the 325.

rw

nightflier
    The numbers on the C325 are a little better, like the Input sensitivity. It also weighs a tad more, although there's probably not much that's audible in these differences. I own the C320BEE and its a fine amp, IMO, especially for the price.

The MP3 input is just a mini input jack that you would use with a male-to-male cable connected to your MP3 player's headphone jack. There is no additional circuitry to enhance the MP3 sound quality, at least not that I can tell from the website. You could probably achieve the same with a simple mini-jack to RCA cable attached to one of the RCA inputs on the back.

In any case, if you're considering either amp, the C320BEE is heavily discounted online right now (e.g. http://saturdayaudio.com/picturepages/nadc320bee.htm) and probably will give you just about the same performance.

The C352 does not have this jack on the front or back.

It's funny this thread should pop up. I just recently sold my C352 so I could get the C325BEE. For some reason the 325 sounds more refined and open to my ears. The bass seems tighter and more defined as well. The 325 may not have as much power as the 352 but it's more refined IMO.

Another thing I noticed is the new C525BEE is more and on par with the C542 now that it's using the same op-amps in the analog output stage. The differences are very subtle now.

Thread Information