• 02-02-2005, 02:06 AM
    trellix78
    NAD 2200 left channel problem
    I have a NAD 1155 preamp and NAD 2200 amp. The amp refuses to play
    through the left channel. The right channel sounds nice and clear. The signal plays fine in my headphones. Fiddling with the balance knob on the pream does nothing. I tried moving the right channel output from the preamp to the left channel
    input to the amp and get nothing. This is an amp that I furiously bidded for on Ebay (amp was supposed to be working properly) and would hate to not have it working.
  • 02-02-2005, 07:36 AM
    jeskibuff
    You swapped the input connectors going into the amp, so you've isolated the problem to either the amp, the speaker wires or the speaker. I assume that your headphones plug into your pre-amp.

Now, swap your speaker connections (right speaker to left channel, left speaker to right channel) and power the unit up again. If the speaker hooked up to the left channel is still dead, likely it's a problem with the amplifier.

Assuming that it IS the amplifier, unplug it and pop the cover off. Check the fuses near the power supply (usually near where the power cord enters the unit). If one looks bad, pop the fuse for the working (right) channel in its place.

Let us know what happens.
  • 02-02-2005, 08:41 AM
    trellix78
    It's working!
    I fiddle with the fuses marked in red in the attached picture and both channels started working. I guess the amp was knocked about during shipping.
    This is the most beautiful amp I've ever owned.
    http://home.comcast.net/~dhill917/images/nad-2200.jpg

:cool:
  • 02-02-2005, 03:21 PM
    royphil345
    Note...
    Many owners of these amps have had trouble with bad (broken loose) solder connections. If you have any more problems with sound cutting out, that's where I'd start to look for the problem.