• 04-30-2006, 07:50 PM
    jrhymeammo
    My first tube amp and first failure.....
    I purchased my first tube integrated from a local guy thru Audiogon last week and was in love. Tonight I was listening to Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd and I was enjoying it very much. It's an old CD and started skipping and started to feel my rage coming on. So I got up and then POP!!!!!!!! I thought someone got shot outside, cuz it happens sometime..... I kinda wish it was someone else instead of my new toy, well not really.

Well, last night my fuse went out so I got 2 brand new today then maybe 4 hours into it this happened. So, I unplugged everything and put everything back in place including tubes (four KT88, two 6N6, and two 6H23N). All of my tubes still glow orange, but my left channel is out. I can still hear a slight sound coming out, but it just maybe coming out of my CD player or tubes from my pre-amp section.

I tried switching between my 4 KT88s but the results are same.

I did noticed one of my tube was giving off a slight blue glow, but it went away after about 20 seconds.

I really hope the guys at the ACE Hardware gave me the right size fuses. They throw the old one away so no way of knowing.

Well, the great news is that no one is hurt, and if you guys can help me out a bit I would appreciate the help greatly. Thanks.
  • 05-01-2006, 07:10 AM
    JoeE SP9
    Would like to help but need more information. The brand of the amp and the model would be helpful. Also the age of the amp.:cool:
  • 05-01-2006, 12:35 PM
    jrhymeammo
    The Brand is Called Mr. Luing Tube Receiver from China. 45watts x 2 4 ohms 8 ohmsOutput tube: KT88 x 4 Input/Driver tube: 6N6x 2 6N11x 2 Frequency: 20Hz-25KHz +/-1 dB Signal/Noise Ratio: 88dB Distortion: less than 1% at full power Input Jack: 3 groups (LINE LEVEL)Input Consumption: 200W 110 V. This is all the information I got from the original owner. There are no owners manual. http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls....ube&1150994796

Any advice would help out alot. Thanks
  • 05-02-2006, 07:01 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Guys at the ACE Hardware gave me wrong freakin fuse. Since I cant read small letters I had them figure it out.
    Now I find out the original fuse was 10 Amp 250V 5mm x 20mm, but the people at the ACE Hardware gave me 3.15 Amp 250V and 5amp 250V. Well they both went out real fast.
    I took the bottom case off and nothing seems wrong to my amatuer eyes. Could anybody help me out? Is it the transformer thats blew out?
    Thank you. I know I can get some answers here.

J.
  • 05-02-2006, 07:35 PM
    JoeE SP9
    A ten amp fuse seems quite large for a tube amp with only two KT88's per channel.:cool:
  • 05-02-2006, 08:41 PM
    jrhymeammo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    A ten amp fuse seems quite large for a tube amp with only two KT88's per channel.:cool:

the plastic piece where my fuse would go reads, 10A 250VAC, 15A 125VAC. I am confused a bit. Could anybody inform me on this so I can try turning it on again and drive with 4 ohm output instead of 8 and see if it'll work any.

Thank you very much