hey folks,

I just went from SS to tubes, here is my review of my amps.hope you enjoy it

"
After reading about Bruce Swedien endorsing electrocompaniet 2-channel amplifier two decades ago in Pro audio magazine, I have always been a devout follower of Solid state amplifiers and a loyal customer of electrocompaniet.

So what happens when your ECI integrated dies?

Well, time to move on and get a new amplifier right? good.

I was looking at a new electrocompaniet amplifier ( AW100) , but after reading about the Serbian company trafomatic audio at 6moons.com, I started having doubts. I don't usually fall for reviews 99% of them anyways are positive anyways. My Klipsch don't need all that power given the high sensitivity of 105db. My bias against tube related gear has always been 1.the noise floor 2.Tube related cost 3. heavy load..oh my back

Judging from the pictures around the web, Trafomatic audio makes without no doubt solid products, internal wiring looks neat and clean, esetoric design and highly praised hand made transformers. after reading about the Experience 2 review at positive-feedback.com, I decided to bite. Currently the company doesn't have high powered single ended triode design , so I opted to try out their push-pull designed elegance giving me 40 class A watt..hurray! Unfortunately the unit itself is a straight amplifier , so matched it with their line one preamplifier. My !imp..I mean dealer had both in stock, so then it was time to roll.

the amplifier came with stock chine tubes, after consulting tubedepot, we opted for svetlana winged c 6550 and mullard ecc82 ( expensive!) . Packaging was extreme,and reminded me something from a military themed movie or a series, just heavy duty packaged in a big crater..wohoo!

Though i needed help from my better half getting the amp out of the box, setting up was easy and required no thinking, just straight forward plugging. Tube exchange was no hassle, just wiggle, bend and pull out..easier than light bulb.

to be honest i didn't care about the sound at first listen,but after 1 week revelations revealed! the amplifier is dead quiet as it's counterpart SS designs and it's sound is clean...no mud,no bloated artifacts, no shaved off treble response.No dullness.

whoa!

The amplifier just blows away my previous amplifier by light years. No kidding.
The Trafomatic Audio elegance is a sonic masterpiece,reminding me of the solid-state virtues with a significant magical subset of tube euphoria. Bass is surprisingly tight and big , sweet nuanced mids, refined treble, and above all else an unrestrained kinetic delivery that immediately put me in touch with the music’s emotions. My previous amplifier sounded laboratory analytical...no pun intended!

what about the critical midrange? well what about it. The amp combined with the Line one preamplifier, gives me the most dramatic , sweet and real midrange I've ever experienced. The midrange exhibits a lovely harmonic character that is seductive and attention grabbing. Oh my root!

Listening to "kicking televison", I can feel Jeff Tweedy's presence in my room and band is appropiately placed in front of me.

on the o'jays "love train" we couldn't stop dancing, It was all about emotions and soul.

even Coldplay....sounded warm in my system..LMAO

HOLOGRAPHIC! yup....

Soundstaging champs? yup

detailed? yup

adorable tone? yup

Clean bit not sterile? yup

seductive sound? yup

makes cd easier to listen to? yup

can it cook? nope

Can it cure cancer? nope..

the amplifier keeps on improving by time...I have reached a burn-in time of 400 hours, and things are getting better.

Let me emphasize this again..this is the best amplifier I have ever owned. Consider me a tube convert and I ain't going back. Given the price I got from my dealer, this is a Huge bargain.

You need this...you won't regret it.

It's all about tone. "