Forum Regular

Question MUSICAL FIDELITY V's ARCAM AMPS !

Hello all Audio Review members,

Who do you think will come out on top when it comes to sound quality, MF amps or Arcam amps and for what reason?
    Have you owned a MF amp in the past but upgraded to an Arcam amp or vice a versa ?
    Let me hear your own opinions on who is better Musical Fidelity or Arcam.

Let Battle Commence!

Yas
    Last edited by Yasvanth; 02-02-2007 at 01:16 AM.

Forum Regular

Wink

Hi ya all,

I used to have a Arcam A85 and P85 amps but I think there crap for the money. I just found them insubstantial and didn't have enough oomph. I sold them in the end and good ridence as I upgraded to the MF A5cr Pre &Pwr amps.

Jazz

Haven't we discussed this?

Quote Originally Posted by Yasvanth
    Hi ya all,

I used to have a Arcam A85 and P85 amps but I think there crap for the money. I just found them insubstantial and didn't have enough oomph. I sold them in the end and good ridence as I upgraded to the MF A5cr Pre &Pwr amps.

Jazz
    Are you looking for reassurance that your decission to go from Arcam to MF was a good one? If you really like the MF better, you don't need us to tell you.

The A5cr is more powerful than the P85: all else equal the more powerful amp will sound better. For what it's worth, I personally have always considered Arcam equipment to be over-priced relative to the alternatives, with the possible exception of their CD players.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    ...Are you looking for reassurance that your decission to go from Arcam to MF was a good one? If you really like the MF better, you don't need us to tell you...
    ...isn't it? The need for validation, I mean...certainly not the three concurrent threads with the same subject matter...

jimHJJ(...that is tedious...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Forum Regular
    Can somebody please put me out of my misery and shoot this Resident loser guy.
    He driving me up the wall with all this jargon.
    That's if he actually knows what it means!

What a loser!

Gyrodec

Yas,

I'll give you some advice (you can ignore it if you want, but I'm really just trying to help). IF you wanted to be taken seriously on this site and not be regarded in the same category as our resident Troll (SVI a.k.a Spanky a.k.a SpankingVanillaIce) then you really should avoid posting multiple threads about the same topic.

Not all threads get responded to: simply because the topic is not of interest to enough people for there to be repsonses. Heck, I have a thread from probably 2 months ago that got Zero responses, which sucked but I realized that the topic just wasn't that interesting to most people.

As for MF vs Arcam. Sure I think MF is better. But so what? It's all just opinion anyway and only yours counts in the long run.

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

Oh gee...

Quote Originally Posted by Yasvanth
    ...What a loser!...
    ...how clever...never heard that one before! Pre-emptive ring a bell?

Again with the jargon...now perhaps if you said verbose or wordy, I might agree...although comments on my writing style will only earn you a briskly British sod off, but in a hobby like this, the use of terms like rise time, jitter, THD, etc. is what's actually considered jargon...any other definition really doesn't apply, and as the saying goes "...when in Rome..." Audiospeak spoken here, not some obscure alternative meaning found deep in the bowels of the OED.

And while I realize you are only a "mere morsel", in the end it's still your opinion that counts in all things audio with regard to your purchases, so validation from the usual gang of idiots means absolutely nothing...

jimHJJ(...dinosaurs anyone?...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Okay, so you want to discuss something more in depth, but you don't want to learn the vocabulary to do so? You do realize that reduces the discussion to 'it sucks'/'it rawks'/'me too'? What is wrong with this picture?

I'm sorry, the answer must be in the form of a question.
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

Thread Information