• 02-21-2006, 03:30 PM
    Kaboom
    Musical Fidelity A3.2CR + Adcom GFA5500?
    I already have the Adcom, and i was wondering if the musical fidelity pre i'm looking at is a good match for it.
    i can get quite a decent price from my dealer, and for starters i love the looks of the thing. The reviews on it seem to be quite good, and i wouldn't mind trying it out.
    but before i haul it home, what do u people think? is this a good match?
    cheers!
  • 02-21-2006, 04:34 PM
    Geoffcin
    Iv'e owned Musical Fidelity gear for a few years now
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaboom
    I already have the Adcom, and i was wondering if the musical fidelity pre i'm looking at is a good match for it.
    i can get quite a decent price from my dealer, and for starters i love the looks of the thing. The reviews on it seem to be quite good, and i wouldn't mind trying it out.
    but before i haul it home, what do u people think? is this a good match?
    cheers!

And I can recommend it highly. The choke regulation works wonders on the noise floor. It's like having a line conditioner built in. My A3cr amp is also much more immune to grounding problems than my PS Audio amp. (and quieter) In addition MF gear is built like a tank. I expect it will last a lifetime.
  • 02-21-2006, 07:57 PM
    StanleyMuso
    Well, I have the A3.2cr amp,
    and I couldn't be happier. Can't comment in depth on the pre because I only heard it briefly at the dealer's. My amp is hooked up to a Rotel pre, but based on first impressions, I will upgrade to the MS pre when opportunity and finances allow. As Geoffcin said, its built like a tank and I expect I will be passing it on to my son one day. I have a feeling that your Adcom might sound even better mated to the MF. My sepperates have always been from different manufacturers, and I have yet to strike a sonic mismatch.