Forum Regular

Woo What an Amp!

Well,
    After listening to my new Woo 6 amp for the past few days all I can say is I made the right choice. Man this thing is beautiful! Extremely well built, it has plenty of muscle to drive my K701's to very loud levels at 2 o'clock on the volume knob. I have yet to hear any clipping on heavy bass passages. The matching transformers are a must with the K701's. I did hear what sounded like clipping on a Rippington's cd, but found out it was actually recorded into the track. Never noticed this before, but I'm sure this amp is not clipping at 9-10 o'clock. The gross distortion never seems to change at any volume level. First time I heard an over modulated track in a pro recording, stand out so much! played it through a different cd player hooked to the headphone out of my Vintage Harman Kardon 930 which has a lot of output, same thing. What really impresses me the most , is how quite the amp is. Music seems to flow from a dead black background. The sound matched with a pair of K701's is pure bliss! The bass is tight with great transient response. The Shefield drum* and track cd is reproduced with the kind of authority one associates with a fine amp. The mids are smooth neutral, and warm, the highs sparkle with a believable quality yet no hint of being harsh.. So far the Woo is a class act, and Jack is a wonderful, passionate, business man, who pays close attention to the smallest details. I can't say enough about working with Jack. The amp is worth the price just based on the support alone. Their are very few products I have been this satisfied with, in a world where service, and quality are much to often a distant memory. As a business* owner myself, I applaud Wooaudio for it's passion in producing a top flight, quality product. You can't go wrong with this amp and the K701's.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Woo What an Amp!-p1020635.jpg   Woo What an Amp!-p1020637.jpg   Woo What an Amp!-p1020639.jpg   Woo What an Amp!-p1020640.jpg   Woo What an Amp!-p1020641.jpg  

Nice pics!!

Did you take them?

Head phone amps in the typical receiver, CD player, etc., really suck. If you're a "cans" listener, you need a decent headphone amp.

I' don't listen to phones much except with my iPod; I have AKG K 26 P's I use with that -- not bad. My old Apt Holman preamp had a fairly good headphone amp. And I ought to try my new Sonic Frontiers LINE 1 which claims to have a good headphone amp; (though the LINE 1 is tube, it's head amp is not).

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor
    Did you take them?

Head phone amps in the typical receiver, CD player, etc., really suck. If you're a "cans" listener, you need a decent headphone amp.

I' don't listen to phones much except with my iPod; I have AKG K 26 P's I use with that -- not bad. My old Apt Holman preamp had a fairly good headphone amp. And I ought to try my new Sonic Frontiers LINE 1 which claims to have a good headphone amp; (though the LINE 1 is tube, it's head amp is not).
    Yes I took the photos with a Lumix FZ30.
    Last edited by tony3d; 03-25-2007 at 12:33 PM.

Thread Information