Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Suspended
    Hey O'Shag, feel free to let all of us in on deals like that! I can live with a scratch.

No Problem. BlackRaven. By the way, I lived in Minneapolis for almost three years several years ago. I used to work for Unisys out of Eagan Minnesota. St Paul is a great city too. I've attended mass at St. Pauls and also at the Basilica in dowtown Minneapolis. Really had a great time there. I'll check with my mate at the studios and see if he has anything interesting. as for myself, I'm strongly considering some Brystons.

Mr. Peabody, I can certainly let you know. But not all of em look too purdy. The professionals don't give a hoot about cleaning the components off with a nice soft cotton cloth. All the components are shoved, not placed into racks. So the scratches can be many. The upside is the amps and stuff they use are built tough. One could always refinish a components exterior if needed. I would have bought lotsa stuff from him, but my better half is not very tolerent of anything that looks 'vintage' or in any way 'used' despite my protestations. Such is life. Sometimes I know how Rumpole of the Bailey must have felt when being bossed around by She Who Must Be Obeyed...

Suspended
    I read a good review on the Brystons. I recall them mentioning they were surprised that the monoblocks were on the warm side.

All my stuff is down in my man cave, a 300 wpc amp for $65.00 it can look like it had been drug around the parking lot for all I care, as long as it works

I don't know if you saw my thread, "trip to the hi fi shop", I heard a pair of Clayton Audio 300 watt, Class A, monoblocks. They were killer. I think they were only $14k. They were driving Dynaudio Sapphires. I don't know which to attribute most but the combo reproduced some tremendous bass response, low and powerful. You couldn't even tell any difference in tone from low to high volume, at high volume, the sound was clean and clear like the amps were on light duty.

I did see your thread Mr Peabody, and it is a great report. Those Dynaudio;s look too beautiful. The thousand will be bought up in no time I'm sure. Maybe you could swing a deal with that audio shop. What a triumph that would be...

Suspended
    Unfortunately, I don't have the means for something like that.

You could always sell the car?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information