AR Newbie Registered Member

MDS-6A amplifier

Hey guys, I have a question and need some help. I have a Channel Plus MDS-6A amplifier that runs my home stereo system. A couple boards fried in the unit and I can't find replacement parts or even a used MDS-6A at a reasonable price and the units are all but discontinued. A company called Nortech has taken over Linear and their customer service isn't worth a crap. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. JC

Suspended
    I'm not familiar with your amp but it sounds like time for a new one.

If that be the case what would your price range be and what other components do you have?

Suspended
    Ah, nevermind, I see you have a specialized set up. 20 watts is not a lot of power. Do you know if there is an upgrade to that model? Whole home systems isn't my area. Unfortunately from the bit I do know most of those companies are proprietary so you can't just go and replace the amp with anything.

Some people are able to buy replacement amps for subs and such from Parts Express, it's an online retailer you can check out, they may be able to find you what is needed.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Thanks for the great advice. They didn't have the parts I needed but they have a Dayton audio system that I think I can use to replace my current system for a good price. Thanks again JC

Thread Information