AR Newbie Registered Member

Marantz and banana plugs

Hello gurus,

I own a Marantz SR-19 and wanted to find out if the binding posts in this receiver accept banana plugs as well? I have read on some posts that you need to remove some plastic caps befoer you can use them. I have attached a picture of the binding posts and (some) caps and was wondering if these are the caps that need to be removed....or does the 4mm banana plug just plug into the hole where the bare wire goes?..

Thanks to anyone helping me in sorting out this issue!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Marantz and banana plugs-plastic_caps.jpg  

I have a Marantz receiver and use bare wire to connect the speaker wires. I have the same "caps" on my unit as well. I do know they need to be removed but I am not sure what would be the recommend way of doing it. (I've never tried to remove them. It might be as easy as prying them out with a small screwdriver.) You might check with your dealer and soo it they can recommend something.

Forum Regular

recommendation

I recommend going to radio shack and purchasing their $2.50 banana gold plated banana plugs (streamline version) from your pic they should just fit. Home depot also sells banana plugs that are maybe 1/8 of an inch longer than the radio shack version.

I know this because I had a similiar problem on my old yamaha receiver
    good luck.

Final answer

The user guide for the receiver says it will accept either bare wire or spades and if you want the caps removed, you should contact your dealer.

Thread Information