• 04-14-2006, 08:39 PM
    superpanavision70mm
    Krell Vs. Rotel Vs. Parasound Vs. PS Audio.
    Ok, So I am doing some 'lookin' around for perhaps a 5 channel amp...

Does anyone have a preference on ONLY the suggested amps in the title of this thread? I would love to hear anyones experience with those companies.
  • 04-15-2006, 12:50 AM
    topspeed
    That's a heckuva price range you're talking about here. A 5 channel Rotel can be had for around $1200 but a 5 channel PSA or Krell will quickly approach $5,000! :yikes:

FWIW, I prefer PS Audio. Paul's switching amps combine the depth and slam of the Krell with the liquidity and sweetness of the best tubes. Backgrounds are pitch black and boy, are these suckers fast! You want transient response? PSA's got your transient response right here, buddy! Throw in the fact that they are impedence invariant, run dead cold, and consume as much power as a nightlight in stand-by (try that with your Class A spaceheater) and gentleman, we have a winner...or at least one worth auditioning.

All of the amps you've mentioned, as long as the Parasounds are Halos, are good amps. You can't really go wrong with any. For your PSB's, I'd probably stick with the Rotel or Halo to be honest. Your amp shouldn't cost more than your speakers in my opinion.
  • 04-23-2006, 05:51 PM
    Mr Peabody
    Parasound and Rotel aren't even close to being in the same league with Krell. Krell makes beastly amplifiers, no matter what the power rating, that deliver the music with dynamics and impact of live shows. Krell is known for powerful bass, clean and detailed sound with weight. And, yes, the price tag comes with that type of performance. I'm not familiar with PSA but have always wanted to hear some.
  • 09-18-2007, 06:18 AM
    blake
    treasure hunt
    I'm kinda half way thru my hunt for a 2 way power amp for my MMG's and very appreciative of Audioreview.
    I've reached the "swamped" stage and now need to descided "what do I really want to live with for the next little while".Been there done that ?

Blake
  • 09-18-2007, 06:34 AM
    GMichael
    Wow. What a blast from the past. S.P. is now P.S.
    I believe he went with the Parasound A23.
  • 09-18-2007, 11:41 AM
    topspeed
    Quote:

Originally Posted by blake
    I'm kinda half way thru my hunt for a 2 way power amp for my MMG's and very appreciative of Audioreview.
    I've reached the "swamped" stage and now need to descided "what do I really want to live with for the next little while".Been there done that ?

Blake

price range?