Forum Regular

Krell Preamps comparsion

I'm using Krell Audio Video Standard preamp/processer for stereo listening only for both music and movies, there is 7.1 surround and many video inputs and outputs, I would like to know is stereo preamp like Phantom 3 would be different performance for stereo listening and how much will be ?

And is Krell S/1200 or Foundation have huge sonic improvement over Audio video standard for both dedicate stereo and surround channels ?

And thank you for answer
    Magnepan MG20/ Krell FPB 200 watt amp/ Krell KAV-500 amp/ Krell KPS 20 IL CD player/ Krell Audio Video Standard Preamp & processor/ Project 9.1 turntable Denon 304 cart/ Arcam FMJ tuner/ Arcam 137 DVD/ Tascam 322 tape deck/ JVC vhs/ AQ interconnects: Colorado/ Transprent cable: Super, Ultra, Rference, XL Reference.

Suspended
    Krell doesn't sacrifice stereo playback in the home theater preamps, with that being said I have yet to hear a straight stereo preamp not out perform the home theater preamp in same brand and comparable range. Our old Krell dealer hasn't carried them in a while so I can't really say how much improvement you would gain in the models you mentioned. If you didn't use the home theater features, if it was me I'd switch to a dedicated stereo preamp.

Forum Regular
    Than you Mr Peabody for reply and helpfull informations.
    Magnepan MG20/ Krell FPB 200 watt amp/ Krell KAV-500 amp/ Krell KPS 20 IL CD player/ Krell Audio Video Standard Preamp & processor/ Project 9.1 turntable Denon 304 cart/ Arcam FMJ tuner/ Arcam 137 DVD/ Tascam 322 tape deck/ JVC vhs/ AQ interconnects: Colorado/ Transprent cable: Super, Ultra, Rference, XL Reference.

Thread Information