AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Krell KAV 400ix or Musical Fidelity A5

I'm planning on upgrading from Musical Fidelity X-150 and was wondering if anyone has audition both integrated amps. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    TIA

No, but consider ...

Quote Originally Posted by hectorj
    I'm planning on upgrading from Musical Fidelity X-150 and was wondering if anyone has audition both integrated amps. Does anyone have any recommendations?
    TIA
    The Bel Canto eVo2i integrated in that price range. Just great! Ultra transparent, extended lows, and extend but sweet highs, extremely neutral through out the spectrum, very good dynamics. 120 watts @ 8 ohms; 200 @ 4 ohms.

I checked them both out today and I have to say that the musical fidelity sounded best to me.

I must say that I audition both the MF A5 and the Krell KAV400xi and I decided to go with the Krell. Side by side comparison allowed me to determine which one has the qualities of what I like when I listen to music. The Krell was more dynamic and more detailed in the high, mid and low end. As I am writing this, I am still breaking in the amp I just got two days ago and so far I love it.
    What else can I say? If you are in the market for either one of these, the best you can do is test them yourself.
    I wish I had a dealer that sells Bel Canto. I would have liked to auditioin that one as well as the Plinius 9200.

Quote Originally Posted by hectorj
    TIA
    Just to make your decision a little more difficult check out the Simaudio MOON I-5 integrated amplifier. Do a search and check out there wesite, I think you will find for the price range your in this company has something to offer you in the I-5, very smart, you will see!

Thread Information