AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Krell Fpb600 , Hellp!!!!

I am buying one amplifier to my sonus faber guarniere, but I have one doubt, is possible to use one krell fpb600 with this speakers??, they are bookself and have 86 db sensitivity, I live more than 2500kms from the dealer, so I can not hear this combinations( I live in a distan Braziian city), I am afraid that the 600watts from krell can be a danger to my speakers, I do not have a lot of options, is to buy one gamut d200 mk3 or this krell, I read one person in the audioreview site ,that he used the guarniers with krellfpb600, and the sound was good, but I could not send a email to him, I do not hear music loud, so I am asking hellp becasue I have only 72 hurs to buy one of this. Thanks a lot for hellp me.

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Do not be afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by georgemg
    I am buying one amplifier to my sonus faber guarniere, but I have one doubt, is possible to use one krell fpb600 with this speakers??, they are bookself and have 86 db sensitivity, I live more than 2500kms from the dealer, so I can not hear this combinations( I live in a distan Braziian city), I am afraid that the 600watts from krell can be a danger to my speakers, I do not have a lot of options, is to buy one gamut d200 mk3 or this krell, I read one person in the audioreview site ,that he used the guarniers with krellfpb600, and the sound was good, but I could not send a email to him, I do not hear music loud, so I am asking hellp becasue I have only 72 hurs to buy one of this. Thanks a lot for hellp me.
    The Krell will not damage your speakers if you do not play them too loud. A more powerful amp cannot hurt unless you decide to play them very loud, and you will have to play them VERY VERY loud to do that.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Suspended
    I believe it is better to have too much power than not enough. I would love to have a Krell FPB 600. There's no doubt that it is a powerhouse but you will love the sound and it shouldn't bother your speakers if you are careful with the volume control. I never heard of the other brand you mentioned. The Krell will have fast hard hitting bass, an extended high end that is natural and not fatigueing. In my opinion Krell is one of the best solid state amps in the world.

Thread Information