• 03-12-2006, 01:40 PM
    funnyhat
    integrated amp for tyler reference monitors?
    I am planning for upgrading my 2 channel system, starting with a new cd (probably cambridge 640c), but have just found tyler acoustic, and am very intrigued by reference monitors because of great reviews and they are closest to my price range. I am wondering what integrated amps work well with this speaker, as I am limited in budget, cheaper is better , but obviously not at the cost of quality. Any advice is very appreciated.
    Thanks
  • 03-12-2006, 03:30 PM
    PAT.P
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by funnyhat
    I am planning for upgrading my 2 channel system, starting with a new cd (probably cambridge 640c), but have just found tyler acoustic, and am very intrigued by reference monitors because of great reviews and they are closest to my price range. I am wondering what integrated amps work well with this speaker, as I am limited in budget, cheaper is better , but obviously not at the cost of quality. Any advice is very appreciated.
    Thanks

You could try Cambridge Azur 540A or 640A .
  • 03-14-2006, 08:56 AM
    Resident Loser
    You might want to check...
    Quote:

Thanks

...the Marantz PM-7200...it can operate in either pure Class A mode up to 25Wpc or in A/B up to 95Watts...It also has a 3yr. warranty...

jimHJJ(...I also recall Yammie has a new integrated...)
  • 03-15-2006, 06:31 AM
    hertz
    Rotel RA03, CA Azur 640A, Nad C352
    The Rotel RA03, CA Azur 640A, Nad C352 in that order.
  • 03-15-2006, 01:20 PM
    funnyhat
    Thanks for tips so far, I was thinking about Cambridge 640 or NAD 352 or 372, is the Cambridge a better fit?
  • 03-21-2006, 12:46 PM
    drseid
    Quote:

Thanks for tips so far, I was thinking about Cambridge 640 or NAD 352 or 372, is the Cambridge a better fit?

Actually the best budget integrated match with Tyler Acoustics is Jolida. Tyler actually demos at shows with them. Jolida has some very nice inexpensive tube hybrid integrated amps (starting at $350 and up) that would work nicely like the 1301, 1701 or 1501.

I can safely say that the Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors are truly fabulous speakers, and when driven with good electronics they are absolutely amazing.

---Dave
  • 03-21-2006, 03:42 PM
    funnyhat
    I am upgrading my system piece by piece starting with the cd player and then the amp, and the speakers last, mainly because they are the most expensive part I am looking at. Would the Jolida amps work with my current speakers, which are Paradigm Studio 20's?
  • 03-21-2006, 04:55 PM
    drseid
    Quote:

I am upgrading my system piece by piece starting with the cd player and then the amp, and the speakers last, mainly because they are the most expensive part I am looking at. Would the Jolida amps work with my current speakers, which are Paradigm Studio 20's?

Yes. I am familiar with your speakers as I heard them about a month ago. The Jolida will tame the top end a hair and help flesh out their midrange, IMO.

As an aside power-wise, I use my little Jolida 1301A hybrid integrated with some Consonance Eric-1 mini-monitors that are less sensitive than the Taylos, and quite frankly I am still somewhat stunned at just how much power 30 high quality watts really is. I have *plenty* of power to drive the 87db sensitivity Eric1s to *extremely* loud levels in my largish office at work with nice tight bass control (I better watch out or my co-workers will make me dismantle my system). :-)

Good luck with your upgrade plans.

---Dave