AR Newbie Registered Member

Mission Power Amp: Quality? Worth?

Hi All,

Ive got a Mission 772 power amplifier that I have not used in years. It is not in perfect shape - the outside is a little banged up (just some scratches actually), but it still sounds pretty good. Does anyone have any idea about the specs of this thing, or its quality? Im curous about its worth because I may be interested in selling, although I dont know how because it weighs like 50 lbs or so....

Thanks,

Jeff

Check out audiogon's bluebook. That's likely your best source of information and a far better place to sell your amp over e-bay.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by topspeed
    Check out audiogon's bluebook. That's likely your best source of information and a far better place to sell your amp over e-bay.

Hope this helps.

Hmmm.... I checked Audiogon, however you need a subscription to get the BB values. I was just wondering how much I should ask for it. It was orginally purchased at Take5 audio in New Haven, CT (a really high end place), and I got it from a friend of a friend. It now lays in my bedroom in my apt in NYC, and it annoys the girlfriend (WAF is high)...

Honestly, I didn't know Mission even sold amplifiers under the "Mission" name. All the amps I remember by the original designers of Mission Electronics were marketed under the Cyrus name. Mission has a good name, but pricing that could be an adventure.

Good luck.

Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBLaw
    Hi All,

Ive got a Mission 772 power amplifier that I have not used in years. It is not in perfect shape - the outside is a little banged up (just some scratches actually), but it still sounds pretty good. Does anyone have any idea about the specs of this thing, or its quality? Im curous about its worth because I may be interested in selling, although I dont know how because it weighs like 50 lbs or so....

Thanks,

Jeff
    Here you go:

Blue Book: 200 watts, MSRP $1,200 used $210.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen B
    Here you go:

Blue Book: 200 watts, MSRP $1,200 used $210.

Where do you think the best place to sell this is? I live in Brooklyn, and I would be psyched to get it out the door for $150...

Can you imagine what you could have gotten for $1200 in 1979? It must have been top of the line!

Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBLaw
    Where do you think the best place to sell this is? I live in Brooklyn, and I would be psyched to get it out the door for $150...

Can you imagine what you could have gotten for $1200 in 1979? It must have been top of the line!
    Try Audiogon. $4 to post a classified ad.

http://www.audiogon.com/

Thread Information