Forum Regular

How do they compare?

I am considewreing an ADCOM GFP 715 and a Parasound Halo P3. MY question which do you consider the better preamp? And, will either of them improve the sonic sound of a Rotel RC 1070 or 1090? I wish I had a better understanding of the comparitive value of the different components. Guess that comes with age and experience. I have the age (88) all I need is the experience? Thanks for your help and input? JNorth1178

You're.........ummm........88?

Damn, son, does my heart good to see you are still into hi fi. Probably why you've gotten on so well. Good on you.

I used to have an Adcom GTP 750 processor. It was fine, did its job as designed and I was pretty happy with it. It was a processor but I used it in my main system and I do listen to a lot of music, in stereo mind you, and it sounded fine. That is......until I got the Krell. Holy cow, what a difference.

The Parasound, I have not spent any time with so I cannot really speak to that. What kind of speakers are you using?

Forum Regular
    I have B&Ws 805s. I recently bought an Anthem MCA 20 amp. Really like it but have the feeling that my preamp (Rotel rc 1070 is keeping me from getting the full potential from my system. I' take a look at the Krell. Thanks for your quick reply. JNorth 1178

I think you are exactly right. The Krells are usually a bit more costly than Adcom but there is most assuredly a sonic difference. Maybe go to a dealer and play around with one then see if you can find a nice used one. There are usually some on ebay or Audiogon and you can save a couple of bucks.

Thread Information