Hk Pm660?

Printable View

• 07-30-2009, 04:31 PM
    esc0bar
    Hk Pm660?
    Hello,

I currently have two old Sanyo ad5060 3 way speakers and I'm wondering if getting an HK PM660 receiver with a Denon DCD 460 cd player for 200$ is worth it?

Is the PM660 really good? Most likely too good for the speakers I have? This will be a system for the next 3 years, after that I,ll most likely go into the home theater systems.

Thanks.
  • 08-09-2009, 04:27 PM
    budgetaudio76
    Althought eh reciever is a pretty good one. I wouldnt pay 200 dollars for it. Even with the denon cd player in the mix. I have an PM655 and i like it. , And im not sure how they would compare to each other in terms of features.

With your need you may think differently, and at that price i would prefer to hear it in action. With 4 ohm speakers if possible. Only because a 4 ohm load would be a harder load for the amp. And if the HK can handle it. Then you have a safe bet. See if they can reduce the price to maybe 100 dollars or so. May be even less.
    If not keep on the look out for another deal.
  • 09-08-2009, 05:24 AM
    manlystanley
    Quote:

Originally Posted by esc0bar
    Hello,

I currently have two old Sanyo ad5060 3 way speakers and I'm wondering if getting an HK PM660 receiver with a Denon DCD 460 cd player for 200$ is worth it?

Is the PM660 really good? Most likely too good for the speakers I have? This will be a system for the next 3 years, after that I,ll most likely go into the home theater systems.

Thanks.

I love my H/K PM655. I got it used (and not working to well) for $35. It has problems, but when it works well, it sounds so good!! If you like to tinker: (e.g. blow it out, adjust the pots, clean out the controls with contact cleaner, maybe replace the electorlitc caps, etc).

The price seems high to me though. But hey, I'm cheap (err... thrifty ????).

Best Regards,
    Stan
  • 09-25-2009, 12:37 AM
    budgetaudio76
    I have a PM 655 as well. Very Nice Integrated. Many nice featurres.

But not for the price youre looking at.

But i will tell you. i like my PM 655 Integrated. May you find the right price for it!!!