Forum Regular

ONKYO INTEGRA M-504 - Binding Post Upgrade & Bi Wire HELP!

Hello,

I am new to this forum and hope someone can help me out.

I have a M-504 AMP & want to upgrade the terrible BP so I can use a spade or at least a Banana Plug. Is this a easy task for a person that can solder? I looked inside and lifted the BP panel and I can get to the 4 posts I need to solder to remove the factory PB. I am having trouble finding a set of 4 BP together that would fit in place of the factory BP assembly. I do not know if the factory BP are held in place with a nut like the single BP I have found.

So any ideas of a brand of BP that will work?

The 2nd question is about Bi-Wire my Energy EC-50 to the 504 with the factory BP (until I can upgrade them)
    Because I cannot get a pair of + and - speaker wires in 1 set of BP is it OK to run the Highs on my speakers off output A and the Lows off output B? The Amp was 2 buttons that turn on output A on and off and the other button turns output B on and off.

I did this already and it does not seam to make any difference yet, well maybe a tiny bit larger sound stage (could be my ears). And I have New Speaker wire that might need to break in.

I just want to know if it is OK to use both outputs and not damage the AMP or would it sound better just using 1 BP with both sets of wires off it. I cannot do this until the BP will take a Banana or Spade. That is the point of the BP upgrade.

THANKS SO SO MUCH.

Forum Regular
    The process is complicated. It requires access to a x-y lathe machine, screw threading tool, electrical soldering tool and a PCB design software. I replaced the stock binding post of my Sony TA-N77ES with Vampire binding post. It required adding a metal mounting plate to the back panel to secure the BP and a new PCB to hold the electrical components. A new PCB is required because the original board does not fit the Vampire BP. I suspect the M-504 would require something similar.

If I understand correctly the M-504 takes bananna connectors. My M-508 has this feature and I am running banannas through them.

Running from both A and B output does not harm the speaker. They are from the same source, with each output controlled by a relays.

Forum Regular
    OMG,
    I thought I had to just unsolder the rear part of the factory BP and solder in the new BP. The factory BP are on a board that comes out once the BP's are soldered out.

Like I said I am CLUELESS about PB.

They do not take Banana connectors, you can put a banana in but it does not make any connection, That is why I wanted to get a better BP.

I do have the service manual from Onkyo I can post if that would help out but it is to large to post on the forum.

OR CEASAR can I email you the Service Manual. I do not want to get involved in something and then destroy something.

THANKS

Forum Regular
    The M-508 has a one piece plastic binding post assembly that screws into the back panel of the amp. This makes the replacement challanging because you have to find an exact replacement that has the same post seperation and the mounting screw holes have to match up exactly. I beleive the M-504 uses something similar. The Sony TA-N77ES has the same problem. That is why I had to do major surgery on it.

I have the service manual for this amp. It is the physical challanges that make this modification difficult. There is a person in ebay that replaces Yamaha amplifier binding post: http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-M-Series-...item3a5305f627. Maybe he can help.

Forum Regular
    If you still need help, PM me.

Forum Regular
    Hey Ceasar - The site will not allow me to PM you.

I send the Yamaha guy a picture of the inside of my 504 and waiting for a reply.

Hear are some pictures...

THANKS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ONKYO INTEGRA M-504 - Binding Post Upgrade & Bi Wire HELP!-100_6513.jpg   ONKYO INTEGRA M-504 - Binding Post Upgrade & Bi Wire HELP!-100_6514.jpg  

Thread Information