Forum Regular

Help me choose mine new amplifier

I want to buy an amplifier in the 400€/$ range:
    Which you suggest... NAD C325 or Cambridge Audio 540A?

And what do you think about Digital Amplifiers... how it sound the Onkyo 9355 (http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/pro..._5368139.html?). I'm interested in this because it is rated at 46W power consumption, but I do not understand it's price. It's placed WELL above the 9155 without having the same dynamic power.
    It's just for ecologists or does it sound really better?
    Last edited by Tetsuro; 11-03-2007 at 05:49 AM.

I would always go for Cambridge Audio over NAD. I heard 640A II - very, very nice for the price. And you'll need good power cable. Helps a lot, and it does not have to be $500+ cable. Also, you have some specials right now, for 840C + 840A, etc.
    Then again, I like that type of British sound. NAD may be your choice. Try to take both home for a few days. Or, bring your CD to listen on both at dealers place.
    I do not have any significant experience with digital amps.
    Good luck.

Forum Regular
    640 is out from mine budget, I can go at max for the 540. And in Italy there are no CA to audit.

Thanks.

I don't know is there II edition for 540, but if they have it you should try both 540 and 540 II - I heard there are some improvements. And buy nice power cable - all CA components do react very positively on that change. Keep us posted.

Thread Information