• 10-16-2007, 09:58 AM
    m500
    Is this a good trade up from NAD C352 to Jolida 1051RC?
    Is this a good trade up from NAD C352 to Jolida 1051RC?

My last 3 Amp all having issue powering my MB Quart QL-S830. I'm hoping this will resolve the pain and put it to rest once an for all.

My last 3 amps:
    1st Yamaha RX-V650
    2nd NAD 320BEEE
    3rd NAD C352
  • 10-18-2007, 01:03 PM
    topspeed
    I couldn't find a thing on the S830's, why are they giving your amps problems? Is it an impedence issue? Why do you feel the 352 isn't up to the task and what led you to believe the Jolida is better?

The more info, the better.
  • 10-19-2007, 05:04 AM
    m500
    Quote:

Originally Posted by topspeed
    I couldn't find a thing on the S830's, why are they giving your amps problems? Is it an impedence issue? Why do you feel the 352 isn't up to the task and what led you to believe the Jolida is better?

The more info, the better.

I don't know if Jolida is any better but suppose to be able to deliver more watts to my speaker. MB Quart QL-S is a 4 Ohm, 87bB speaker that require 110w minimum to drive it. Both my current amp can not play loud enough before distortion set in when volume is reach 40%.
  • 10-19-2007, 06:51 PM
    NickWH
    Going from a NAD 80wpc integrated to a Jolida 100wpc integrated doesn't make any sense (similar to the C320BEE to a C352).

Stop fooling around and just make the jump to seperates for serious power. Why not look for a used pre & power amp combo from Krell, Bryston, B&K, Odyssey, Parasound, Adcom, Aragon, etc.? I'm sure you can piece something together for around $1-2K.
  • 10-26-2007, 05:44 PM
    m500
    I'm a happy man finally
    I finally have the time to hook up Jolida 1501 for a test run. I was skeptical at first since 20w gain isn't sound like going to be much. But after communicated with tech support from Jolida, they indicated in 4 ohm load this puppy actually put out a strong 150 watts continuously.

So, here is how my test run goes. Damn, bass and more bass. I finally hear bass from my Speaker without the aide from my Velodyne. For the first time in 2 years of owning these pair of speakers that I am finally happy. This is why I bought them the first place. This trade will sure work out to my advantage.
  • 12-08-2007, 08:35 AM
    robertanderson@insightbb.
    BobbyA
    I think Jolida equipment is very nice for the money. I have owned some and been very happy. I became an authorized dealer selling their equipment from our store in New Albany, Indiana as well as on_line. I think that a Jolida tube amp connected to a pair of Klipsch reference speakers sounds extremely clear and smooth. I believe the amps would sound really nice with Paradigms as well. Some people have much more sensitive hearing that others. I have a pair of Klipsch connected to a Rotel amp (solid state) and sounds pleasant- but the Jolida sure sounds much more pleasant than the Rotel. At some price point I am no longer able to hear a difference, but some people can. I would not spend money for a difference I could not hear, but only measure. I do not think anyone should buy big box store junk though. One seldom regrets buying quality.