This a good selection?

Printable View

• 10-29-2005, 10:09 PM
    calegrant
    This a good selection?
    I'm fairly new to the home audio game, and want to focus primarely on music listening. I'm looking for a new amp and have almost decided to buy a Cambridge audio azur 340A. I want something that can play nicely, and be worthy of upgrades in the future. This is also the top of my budget so I don't want to go over by much ($50). Please let me know if this is a bad decision. Thanks folks
  • 11-04-2005, 11:29 PM
    MikeyBC
    Cambridge is a company that actually cares somewhat about how its gear sounds, unlike others that only care about cramming in features and spec sheets. Dont be afraid to look at the used market though. Theres a lot of very good used integrated amps to be had out there.

A good decision in my opinion. Will probably sound a lot better than any A/V reciever anywhere near its price.
  • 11-05-2005, 05:08 AM
    Bernd
    Quote:

Originally Posted by calegrant
    I'm fairly new to the home audio game, and want to focus primarely on music listening. I'm looking for a new amp and have almost decided to buy a Cambridge audio azur 340A. I want something that can play nicely, and be worthy of upgrades in the future. This is also the top of my budget so I don't want to go over by much ($50). Please let me know if this is a bad decision. Thanks folks

Hi,
    Very good decision. You could also listen to a Nad integrated, but the Cambridge is a good choice.Second hand I would go for a Musical Fidelity or a Rega. What speakers will you be using and what will your source be?

Have fun

Bernd