Forum Regular

Reciever Hook up question

What is the best way to connect a new reciever to a LCD HDTV. I have a 32" Sharp Aquos and it comes has both the older composit Audio out connection, and it has the digital audio out connection. Also I havea questiong regarding my XBOX 360 and reciever. On the AV cord for the 360 it also has a jack for dgital audio. Would it be possible to just connect the 360's AV cord and a digital capable reciever without even connecting the reciver to my television.
    Last edited by Tibbydriver; 11-02-2006 at 03:01 AM.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Hey Td,

Some of your intent was unclear so I'll throw this out. Tell me if I am on target. Yes you can separate the audio and video signals from your 360. Many would argue that you should, as running video through a receiver can cause signal degradation.Just remember what input you've plugged the game through (perhaps vid1) to differentiate it from tv, dvd, or other sources.

For the question involving the Sharp, are you running the audio from an over-the-air signal to the receiver? In the case of a cable box, most will have separate audio and video outs in which case the above possibility still applies.

Let me know if I have misunderstood your goal...
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Forum Regular
    No. It seems like youve understood what I was saying. Right now I dont have any cable hooked through my Sharp and I wont for quite some time. For right now I would just like to know what the best way om connecting my Sharp to a new reciever would be. Im guessing it would be the digital audio out on my set.
    Last edited by Tibbydriver; 11-02-2006 at 01:33 PM.

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibbydriver
    For right now I would just like to know what the best way om connecting my Sharp to a new reciever would be. Im guessing it would be the digital audio out on my set.
    You are correct.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

Thread Information