AR Newbie Registered Member

Good Amplifier Please

Hello i am from argentina and this is my fist post.
    I am sorry about my english and i will try to do my best.
    Well my problem is that i like to listen music in stereo and i have tried some new theorically spectacular 7.1 a/v receivers but really for me they are very bad to listen music in stereo.
    I have read in this forum a thead where you recomend some old stereo amplifiers from marantz, sansui, pioneer, kenwood to listen music in stereo.
    These are all amplifiers from about 80īs, and you are true i have listened some of them and the diference between then and the actual ones are really noticeable.
    My questions are, why these old amplifiers sounds better than the actual ones ?
    Are some actual new amplifiers that sounds as good as these old ones ?
    If yes, can you recommend me some new ones please ?
    I would like to buy a new one but that has the good sounding quality than the old ones.
    Well i wait your answer and thanks.

There are certainly some good new amplifiers being produced. The old ones often sound great and look great. They're solidly built and most are reliable. Some of them at the top of their respective lines produce strong clean power and are still bargains on the used market. But among current products, take a look at Rotel. They were good back then and they're still good, today.

http://www.rotel.com/na/index.htm

And there's NAD, too:

http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-amplifiers

One thing to keep in mind is the context of the discussion. When you see recommendations of Marantz, Sansui, etc. it may be specifically within the context of vintage equipment or perhaps bargain hunting. I saw a Kenwood Basic M1 for $55 on Craigslist this past weekend. Some of the best Marantz receivers sold for several hundred dollars in the 1970's. If you adjust that for inflation, it could be over $2,000 in today's money. You could certainly find something better than a Marantz 2325 with that kind of money. It's heavily dependent on how much you want to spend.
    Last edited by 02audionoob; 09-30-2008 at 05:33 AM.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by seodose
    I am also facing the problem is that i like to listen music in stereo and i have tried some new theorically spectacular 7.1 a/v receivers but really for me they are very bad to listen music in stereo. plese help me..

Thanks,
    This thread's about amplifiers. Why not try some 2 channel amps?

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by rovt
    Well my problem is that i like to listen music in stereo and i have tried some new theorically spectacular 7.1 a/v receivers but really for me they are very bad to listen music in stereo...
    Quote Originally Posted by seodose
    I am also facing the problem is that i like to listen music in stereo and i have tried some new theorically spectacular 7.1 a/v receivers but really for me they are very bad to listen music in stereo...
    Well that's weird! Two identically worded statements, right down to the lowercase "I".

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Well that's weird! Two identically worded statements, right down to the lowercase "I".
    Hopefully just a case of 'cut and paste' laziness and not trolling...

Anyway I agree with the 1st response, check out current integrated amps from NAD and Rotel... You can also add Marantz and Cambridge Audio to that list...

seodose's signature is a link, so apparently a troll.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Well i have the posibility of buying one of these:

- NAD 314 (35W por chanel 8 ohms)
    - Technics SU-V4 (55W per chanel 8 ohms)
    - Marantz SR4000 vintage (40W per chanel 8 ohms)
    - Pioneer SX-3600 (30W per chanel 8 ohms)
    - JVC A-X9 )100W per chanel 8 ohms)

Please what are your recomendations ?

Thanks.

Thread Information