Forum Regular

Crown CE and Crown XS

Anyone have any experience with either of these two series? What do you think of them?

Forum Regular
    I'll throw one more amp into the mix...Outlaw M200. Any input on these power amps?

The Collector
    well the outlaw will personally never touch the crowns thats my opinion though. the CE-4000 or any XS has a ton of power. i have heard the outlaw and its a great sounding amp. there is a huge price difference also the outlaw is mono, if you are looking to run the crowns in mono then you will not even come close to matching the power. what exactly would you be using the amp for

Forum Regular
    I would be powering some klipsch mains for music/home theater at 150 maximum continous watts / 600 peak watts. Someone said that I should be looking for more power from an amp than I would be running continously to the speaker (issue of clean wattage...read the thread I had a few days ago). The CE1000 is the most affordable of the Crown's that I would probably purchase and 2 x 275 watts isn't bad at all. Am I right in my thinking? The CE1000 isn't much more than the Outlaw...

nightflier

Klipsch

Quote Originally Posted by BJG718
    I would be powering some klipsch mains for music/home theater at 150 maximum continous watts / 600 peak watts. Someone said that I should be looking for more power from an amp than I would be running continously to the speaker (issue of clean wattage...read the thread I had a few days ago). The CE1000 is the most affordable of the Crown's that I would probably purchase and 2 x 275 watts isn't bad at all. Am I right in my thinking? The CE1000 isn't much more than the Outlaw...
    Klipsch speakers are extremely efficient. A second hand 60-80 watt amp from NAD or adcom will be plenti. I ran my Klipsch RB5-II's with a 4 watt tube amp at a friend's house and they played very loud w/o distortion.

Also, the Crown amp is designed more for recording studio applications while the Outlaw is more for home use. I've had a pair of the Outlaw monoblocks (borrowed them from a friend who has 7 of them) and they were excellent amps. And for $300 each, they are a very good value, too.

Forum Regular
    I have been pulling my hair out looking for an external power amp. I am very hesitant buying something used and I am also very against spending more than 400 bucks for a new one. I have an HK 525 and I love it. I just think I could use a little bit more power than 75 watts. It occurred to me to get a new HK 3480 just to use as a power supply for the HK 525's main speakers... Is this possible? If so, what type of connections would I need?

Thread Information