Gonna park my AVP2...

Stick 'er in a box and put it away for a while.
    The piece that cost me almost $10,000.00 a few years ago seems only to be worth a fraction of that now.
    Madrigal (in it's never ending efforts to disgust their customers) decided to discontinue Proceed.
    I had considered mark levinson in the past, but now I'll buy somewhere else.
    I've ordered a McIntosh 135. I'd had problems with a 132 a few years back, but the balanced in/outputs on the 135 seem to have eliminated all of that. It's a great piece, and has a built in MM amp.
    The Proceed...well, it can sit in storage until I need a second pre, or it becomes a 'collectors piece'

Forum Regular

There is no more Madrigal.

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyx
    Stick 'er in a box and put it away for a while.
    The piece that cost me almost $10,000.00 a few years ago seems only to be worth a fraction of that now.
    Madrigal (in it's never ending efforts to disgust their customers) decided to discontinue Proceed.
    I had considered mark levinson in the past, but now I'll buy somewhere else.
    I've ordered a McIntosh 135. I'd had problems with a 132 a few years back, but the balanced in/outputs on the 135 seem to have eliminated all of that. It's a great piece, and has a built in MM amp.
    The Proceed...well, it can sit in storage until I need a second pre, or it becomes a 'collectors piece'
    Madrigal is out of business. Harmon Kardon bought out Madrigal over a year ago. Supposedly Harmon Kardon will still provide service for Proceed units. You can try this link:

Proceed Support

That being said, I've read a lot of complaints about the speed (or lack there of) on repairs for ML and Proceed equipment since HK took over. Some claimed it took over 3 months to get their gear back. It is a shame about Proceed, I always thought it was a nice line. Specialty audio is a volitile business.

Thread Information