Forum Regular

Space-Tech Lab Amplifiers

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some input on the amps that Albert from Space-Tech Labs creates.

I did read a couple of reviews on the internet a while back and they were extremely positive. I also was able to listen to some of his gear and I think it is pretty good and his customer service is amazing because he spent a couple hours with me switching between a number of different amp combos.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone out there can give me some additional feedback about Albert's amps and I'm wondering if they are indeed amazing bang for your buck products.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by devuonoste
    Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some input on the amps that Albert from Space-Tech Labs creates.

I did read a couple of reviews on the internet a while back and they were extremely positive. I also was able to listen to some of his gear and I think it is pretty good and his customer service is amazing because he spent a couple hours with me switching between a number of different amp combos.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone out there can give me some additional feedback about Albert's amps and I'm wondering if they are indeed amazing bang for your buck products.

Any feedback is appreciated.
    Does Al have a website? If so, maybe you'd post a link.

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Never heard of them. Would be a great white van name...

RGA
    Forum Regular
    Space Tech Labs is real and I have heard good reports as well. Unfortunately, if you wish to listen to them in your own home for a weekend - he charges something like a 10-20% re-stocking fee. It's a small outfit - from what I can tell owned and operated and built by one guy. So all the things that go with that you have to consider.

here is the website http://www.space-tech-lab.com/

Forum Regular
    Space-Tech Labs is a small outfit and I think Albert is the only person that works there. When I paid him a visit, I was there for over 2 hours and he was the only one there. He builds all of the Space Tech Lab amps and speakers himself. His customer service is amazing, as he spent the whole 2 or 2.5 hours switching cables between gear and moving amps around so I could listen to a number of different combos.

His return policy is OK. If you return products within 3 days he only charges a 5% and if within 7 days he charges 10% re-stock fees. If you keep for 30 days or less the re-stock is 20%.

All of his amps are hand built and there are numerous finish options to chose from.

I just created this post to see if others have had any experience with his gear and to see what others think of his gear.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by devuonoste
    Space-Tech Labs is a small outfit and I think Albert is the only person that works there. When I paid him a visit, I was there for over 2 hours and he was the only one there. He builds all of the Space Tech Lab amps and speakers himself. His customer service is amazing, as he spent the whole 2 or 2.5 hours switching cables between gear and moving amps around so I could listen to a number of different combos.

His return policy is OK. If you return products within 3 days he only charges a 5% and if within 7 days he charges 10% re-stock fees. If you keep for 30 days or less the re-stock is 20%.

All of his amps are hand built and there are numerous finish options to chose from.

I just created this post to see if others have had any experience with his gear and to see what others think of his gear.
    Actually I think his return policy is really bad... So many other online manufacturers don't charge any restocking fees for trying the product for 30 days... 20% of the cost of the item plus the cost of shipping to and back is a lot of money to lose just to try a product....

Forum Regular
    I agree the return policy is not that great. When I said OK, I meant so-so. I think the main reason for this is because he deals with hand made point to point wired amps and it's a lot different than dealing with amps that are not point to point wired. When he gets a return I think he needs to do a lot more checking work to ensure all is OK before he can re-sell and I'm not sure how much he has to discount the items once returned.

Too bad he doesn't have a great policy like some companies that let you try them for free for 30 days.

All I know is that he has some really nice amps. I just wanted to see if anyone else has had some experience with Albert and his gear so I can get some additional information about his gear.

Thread Information