Chicago IL

Fisher Amplifiers

Does anyone know the difference between Fisher CA-800 and Fisher CA-880 ? Both are rated 100W per channel and look the same! I got the CA-880 and I see there is a same version CA-800, so what is the difference?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fisher Amplifiers-14125383.jpg  

Chicago IL
    I got new stuff! Here it is:

Fisher CA-880 Stereo Amplifier 100W per channel

Fisher FM-660 Tuner

Fisher CR-125 Cassette Deck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fisher Amplifiers-img_4355-1.jpg  

Chicago IL
    I have the turntable but it is missing the needle so I didn't take a picture of it! The model is MT-273

Vinyl Fundamentalist Forums Moderator poppachubby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dakatabg
    I got new stuff! Here it is:

Fisher CA-880 Stereo Amplifier 100W per channel

Fisher FM-660 Tuner

Fisher CR-125 Cassette Deck
    Nice score dak!! No offence, I hate cassette players, but I gotta say that one sits nicely with the other gear. Hooked it up yet? Speakers? What about the TT, does it have a cart? Any amp with meters is ok with me. 100 watts should be rockin...

Chicago IL
    I don't like cassette players either but it comes with it! The amplifier is a beast! Very clear sound and amazing deep bass. A lot of power! The good thing is there is not even a single scratch on them, like I just bought them new. I got them for $50 so it is a great deal! The turntable is working but I just have to get a needle for it. I am so happy with this stuff and I am going to keep it!

I don't like cassette players either but it comes with it! The amplifier is a beast! Very clear sound and amazing deep bass. A lot of power! The good thing is there is not even a single scratch on them, like I just bought them new. I got them for $50 so it is a great deal! The turntable is working but I just have to get a needle for it. I am so happy with this stuff and I am going to keep it!

Ya nothin like a deal. I had a good week too man, check the vintage section, picked up a real animal. 50 bucks is a great price, I'm sure the amp alone would be worth that. I am starting to sound like a broken record but consider the Ortofon 2M for your new cart. I bought the 2M red which has 3 upgrades, all in the same cart. Put it on my Technics and it sounds killer...let me know what you end up deciding...

Chicago IL
    I might try that! I just saw it online and it looks very nice! it comes in many colors too! Thanks for the advice for the Scott speakers too! I did the refoaming by myself and the speakers sound great! I did good job! What happened with the Marantz receiver you were supposed to get from a guy? Did you get it or not?

I might try that! I just saw it online and it looks very nice! it comes in many colors too! Thanks for the advice for the Scott speakers too! I did the refoaming by myself and the speakers sound great! I did good job! What happened with the Marantz receiver you were supposed to get from a guy? Did you get it or not?
    Nope. After all that he sold it from under me. A river was cried and life went on. The Citizen will fill the gap nicely. Glad your speaks worked out. It's pretty tough to screw up a re-foam, especially with sound help. Are those going with the Fisher?

BTW, those "colours" are nice indeed. But each one represents a different stylus. The red is the entry level, then blue, bronze and finally black. The black is wicked nice and wicked expensive, around $600 CDN. OK, i'm off of here for now dak, ciao...

Chicago IL
    No the Scott speakers I got them from guy in my suburb. I got them for 10 bucks and i got the kit for 15 bucks of ebay so total $25 for them! They are very nice! I still don't know if I am going to keep them, too big.

Chicago IL
    so does anyone know the difference between Fisher CA-800 and Fisher CA-880 ???

so does anyone know the difference between Fisher CA-800 and Fisher CA-880 ???

yes, it works out to be CA-080.....

Thread Information