dmn
    AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Find a part on and off switch for jolida 502b

Hello everyone, I need help

I got a tube amp jolida model 502b, when I turn on the switch, it doesn't work so I need to find the part to change the switch (I think inside is a spring and it doesn't work). I tried so many websites but I can't find the part to change the switch. Anyone who knows, please help me to find the part jolida 502b. Thank You very much and I really appreciate it

-David

Cool

If the switch is a simple on-off, just short it and unplug the amp to turn it off.
    Not like tube amps have memory chips or anything.
    If the switch has several wires( for the heater circuit, fancy light on the front, etc) just short em.
    A tube amp is about as sturdy as an anvil, should be no problem, but if you're not familar
    with electricity you might want to be a tad careful.
    The tubes are supposed to glow, not you.
    And of course this is a temporary fix, wouldnt be for me because I am CHEAP, but probably
    for you.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Chicago IL
    You can get a switch form everywhere! Every receiver has a switch and most of them use the same switches so find the same one like yours from another receiver and just change it! Very simple!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dakatabg
    You can get a switch form everywhere! Every receiver has a switch and most of them use the same switches so find the same one like yours from another receiver and just change it! Very simple!
    Get off the crack dude.
    If you replace the switch you will need one whose specs are similar to the one you replace.
    Plenty around, at electronics supply houses, maybe parts express dot comm.
    But put a switch in there that cant handle the amps and it could be bad.
    So you need one that matches.
    A receiver switch, BTW would be completely wrong, such switches are specifically made for certain receivers, and have numerous poles to activate different parts of the receiver.
    Most dont even stay "on", just wake up the receiver and put it in "standby" mode, since most modern receivers are "vampires" that stay on all the time, even when "off.
    A tube amp switch is completely different, needs to handle some current, probably.
    Which is why this one probably broke.
    Short it out, and either unplug the amp to turn it off or plug it into a powerstrip, and turn it off.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

dmn
    Hi Pixelthis.
    Thanks so much for your advices.The switch (Jolida 502b model) may have some things wrong inside.The switch is hard, but the Tube Amp no problems. The sound fantastic so far.Problems only is the switch is hard to turn it on.
    I searched for a Jolida part,but I get stuck,I having no where to find the switch for Jolida model 502b...I need the exact part for the Jolida 502b model.

Would anyone know where to find switch part? I'd really appreciate it!
    David.

Chicago IL
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Get off the crack dude.
    If you replace the switch you will need one whose specs are similar to the one you replace.
    Plenty around, at electronics supply houses, maybe parts express dot comm.
    But put a switch in there that cant handle the amps and it could be bad.
    So you need one that matches.
    A receiver switch, BTW would be completely wrong, such switches are specifically made for certain receivers, and have numerous poles to activate different parts of the receiver.
    Most dont even stay "on", just wake up the receiver and put it in "standby" mode, since most modern receivers are "vampires" that stay on all the time, even when "off.
    A tube amp switch is completely different, needs to handle some current, probably.
    Which is why this one probably broke.
    Short it out, and either unplug the amp to turn it off or plug it into a powerstrip, and turn it off.
    Every receiver has a switch and most of them use the same switches so find the same one like yours from another receiver and just change it!

I think you should get off the crack and not repeat what I have said already! Just read!

Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    The Jolida 502B is an amp, not a receiver. It is highly unlikely that one would be able to cannibalize a power switch from another amp of the same make and model. Even if that were the case, what would happen to the unit from which the switch was taken ? Tube amps can last a lifetime.

Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmn
    Hello everyone, I need help

I got a tube amp jolida model 502b, when I turn on the switch, it doesn't work so I need to find the part to change the switch (I think inside is a spring and it doesn't work). I tried so many websites but I can't find the part to change the switch. Anyone who knows, please help me to find the part jolida 502b. Thank You very much and I really appreciate it

-David
    You are not going to find a part to repair the switch. You will need to replace it. Have you contacted the manufacturer ? IMO that would be the logical first step, Is the amp still under warranty ? That's an important consideration. The manufacturer can advise you about how to get the switch replaced, either at the factory or by providing you with a replacement switch or part number so that you can do it yourself.

Alternately, the switch on your amp seems like a common rocker switch. The total maximum consumption of the amp is 450 watts, which is 3.75A. However, an inductive load is being switched, so I would upsize the switch rating to between 10-15A @ 120V.

DigiKey and Parts Express both carry a variety of rocker switches. Digi-Key has switch dimensions noted in their catalog pages, and Parts Express lists the mounting hole sizes. Remove the existing switch, measure it, and find a replacement of equivalent dimensions. Also, when the switch is removed, you should be able to read its ampere rating.

http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T091/P2060.pdf

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...TOKEN=47031247

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...TOKEN=47031247
    Last edited by Glen B; 12-22-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dakatabg
    Every receiver has a switch and most of them use the same switches so find the same one like yours from another receiver and just change it!

I think you should get off the crack and not repeat what I have said already! Just read!
    I am not repeating what you said, just saying that what you said was nonsense.
    A TUBE AMP IS COMPLETLY DIFFERRENT from a modern computer controlled receiver.
    And the "switch" most times is a flimsy affair that tells somethine else to turn up the power,
    some relay inside the receiver flips on the power.
    A tube amp is more "stone knives and bearskins", you cant leave it on idle because the tubes consume a lot of power, and wear out.
    So the switch on a tube amp has to handle a lot more amps than a receiver switch.
    That being said the specs will usually be stamped somewhere on the switch, match that and you can replace the old switch.
    In other words your advice is not just wrong, but potentialy dangerous.
    Don't post advice unless you know what you're talking about, putting the wrong switch in the wrong place could be bad, very bad.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

dmn
    Hello Glen B and Pixelthis.
    Yes, I think I need to replace it, my tube amp I got from a friend of mine has no more warranty.I'm the second owner. I will contact the manufacturer later to ask how to replace the same switch 502b Jolida.
    I got the webs :dkc.digikey.com ,parts-express. I'll looking for over websites that,hope to help me to find the same switch.
    Hi Glen B, thank you for reminding me about removing the existing switch, measuring it, and finding a replacement of equivalent dimensions. I will take a look at the websites you have given.
    Hi pixelthis, i agree with you that the tube amp is different switch..some relay inside the receiver flips on the power.
    In the future, if I have something new to fix my switch tube amp, i will let you guys know. Happy holidays. Again, thank you so much for your advise.
    - David

Thread Information