Ajani
    Close up of HiFi:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Emotiva XPA-2 Pics-asdc12113.jpg  

Ajani
    Close up of electronics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Emotiva XPA-2 Pics-asdc12114.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    Close up of electronics:
    You should raise the amp off the ground with some support....some of those rubber things or wood or ceramic blocks...about 4 of them to put up under your amp.
    Music...let it into your soul and be moved....with Canton...Pure Music

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchmon
    You should raise the amp off the ground with some support....some of those rubber things or wood or ceramic blocks...about 4 of them to put up under your amp.
    I'm planning to get some kind of amp stand...

oh....I betcha you are excited....its always fun to start like you are and building and tweaking...researching cable and interconnects, and more tweaking, finding the right placement...swapping things in and out and getting the sound you want....I wish I could be there with you to just see and hear as you research and build your system...

Make sure your system has lots of passion and emotion...dont know if you like Cassandra Wilson, but she does a U2 song "Love is Blind" on her CD "New Moon Daughter" and played through my Canton speakers there is so much emotion coming from those speakers....I know your Revels have tons of emotion....but what about the Emo??? Whats it like?....It sure is purty.

frenchmon
    Last edited by frenchmon; 04-19-2010 at 03:19 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    W10 i5 Quad core processor 8GB RAM/Jriver 20/ Fidelizer Optimizer/ iFI Micro DSD DAC-iUSB 3.0/Vincent SA - T1/Vincent SP-331 MK /MMF-7.1/2M BLACK/MS Phenomena ll+/Canton Vento 830.2

That is a good suggestion, but first, you should isolate the power amp from the digital source. With that intimate proximity, both are likely picking up and amplifying EMI/RFI noise components from the other.

rw

Audio Hobbyist Since 1969 Glen B's Avatar
    I made a few changes to the room:
    Why did you remove the rug ? You need one on that reflective tile floor.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    That is a good suggestion, but first, you should isolate the power amp from the digital source. With that intimate proximity, both are likely picking up and amplifying EMI/RFI noise components from the other.

rw
    For now my plan is to use longer IC's and place the DAC/Squeezebox on the coffee table when I listen to music... So they'd only sit on the amp when they're not in use...

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen B
    Why did you remove the rug ? You need one on that reflective tile floor.
    I never had a rug in the room... I've not been in a rush to add any room treatments, until after I purchase new speakers...

Ajani
    oh....I betcha you are excited....its always fun to start like you are and building and tweaking...researching cable and interconnects, and more tweaking, finding the right placement...swapping things in and out and getting the sound you want....I wish I could be there with you to just see and hear as you research and build your system...

Make sure your system has lots of passion and emotion...dont know if you like Cassandra Wilson, but she does a U2 song "Love is Blind" on her CD "New Moon Daughter" and played through my Canton speakers there is so much emotion coming from those speakers....I know your Revels have tons of emotion....but what about the Emo??? Whats it like?....It sure is purty.

frenchmon
    It's loads of fun so far... The Revels aren't there yet... I'm still using the trusty old Technics for the time being... But I am exceedingly impressed with the Emotiva/Benchmark combo so far, as it makes the Technics sound good (which is something I thought would be impossible).... So it will be really something to hear what the combo can do with Revel....

Ajani...did you see this rig?

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...udg&1272241564

frenchmon

Ajani
    Ajani...did you see this rig?

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr...udg&1272241564

frenchmon
    Not on A'gon... But I previously got advice from the owner of that setup on the Emotiva forums... So I'd seen some of those pics before... The new pics are the ones with the wood trim on his Emotiva gear....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information