Denon or Rotel-B&K

Printable View

• 01-02-2005, 11:13 AM
    HDTV4ME
    Denon or Rotel-B&K
    I'm looking at buying a bottom line rotel or B&K(RMB-1075, RSP 1066,if this is bottom line?).I have no clue what to look at or if this would be much better then what I have(denon 4802R).I'm on a tight budget of around $1300.Can I do better than what I have for that?I'm happy with 5.1 and I have a paradigm reference system.Can someone give me some advise.
  • 01-02-2005, 12:20 PM
    NickWH
    Why are you looking to upgrade? What do you want to get out of your $1300?
  • 01-16-2005, 06:42 PM
    Meuge
    Quote:

Originally Posted by HDTV4ME
    I'm looking at buying a bottom line rotel or B&K(RMB-1075, RSP 1066,if this is bottom line?).I have no clue what to look at or if this would be much better then what I have(denon 4802R).I'm on a tight budget of around $1300.Can I do better than what I have for that?I'm happy with 5.1 and I have a paradigm reference system.Can someone give me some advise.

After a midline receiver you really need to get into separates to hear a difference. For multichannel, nothing beats Outlaw stuff http://www.outlawaudio.com. Also... I think your receiver has pre-outs and can serve as a decent pre/pro. Consider moving to an offboard amp - it can give you a tremendous improvement. For amps, consider Outlaw for good price/performance, otherwise Sunfire, Aragon, Rotel or B&K.