Thread: Marantz SR-18

Forum Regular

Marantz SR-18

Just scored one of these after a friend urged me to buy it or be an idiot for that price.I like my Elite,and he says this reciever will shame the Elite,I know the reviews are awesome on it,anyone familiar with this thing?
    Marantz SR-18
    Eosone RSF1000's
    Eosone RSC 300 Center
    Eosone RSF 400's
    SVS PC 20-39
    Samsung 42" DLP
    Xbox 360
    PS3 60gig

Forum Regular
    Just got back from Tejas picking this beast up,and I was fortunate enough to get to test drive this on a set of Klipsch KLF10's with matching surrounds and 15 in. sub in a dedicated theater,and i know I might get bashed for this but it's just my two cents.I have a friend who owns a couple Apogee baby grands and a mcintosh amp and pre in a dedicated listening room,as far as bass went the Klipsch beat them for sheer low and mean,but were to bright for my tastes,however I get this home and have my friend over that owns the high end system and we put the Eosones to the test,needless to say he is now looking for an SR-18.His opinion was this reciever equals his or exceeds his seperates.This is a rather large reciever,making my Elite look quite small in comparison which I thought was impossible.This is what I was looking for,just when you think it can't get any cleaner and louder,the Marantz looks at you and laughs.I can hear now!As soon as I learn enough from you guys on this site I will give it a review when I know what i'm listening for.I can hear the quality,but am still learning the proper way of disection.
    Marantz SR-18
    Eosone RSF1000's
    Eosone RSC 300 Center
    Eosone RSF 400's
    SVS PC 20-39
    Samsung 42" DLP
    Xbox 360
    PS3 60gig

Thread Information