Crown Com-tech 200

Printable View

• 05-11-2008, 06:09 AM
    thekid
    Crown Com-tech 200
    Can anyone tell me if this is a good amp worth adding to my gear?
  • 05-12-2008, 10:06 PM
    budgetaudio76
    thats kind of a vague question there kiddo. like asking whether or not y0ur system sounds good to us when your the only one who can hear it.
  • 05-13-2008, 02:16 AM
    thekid
    Quote:

Originally Posted by budgetaudio76
    thats kind of a vague question there kiddo. like asking whether or not y0ur system sounds good to us when your the only one who can hear it.

My apologies.

It would be for my 2-channel set-up using a Kenwood Basic C-1 preamp and pushing DCM TF-600 speakers. I was really only looking to see if others here had used or were using it.

I have been talking to some others and it sounds like this is amp might be too powerful for my purposes even though it is only rate 110 WPC. The seller only wanted $50 and I heard from somewhere that Crown made good gear so I was considering adding it.
  • 05-13-2008, 05:26 AM
    Feanor
    Crown amplifiers
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thekid
    My apologies.

It would be for my 2-channel set-up using a Kenwood Basic C-1 preamp and pushing DCM TF-600 speakers. I was really only looking to see if others here had used or were using it.

I have been talking to some others and it sounds like this is amp might be too powerful for my purposes even though it is only rate 110 WPC. The seller only wanted $50 and I heard from somewhere that Crown made good gear so I was considering adding it.

Kid,

Crown has made professional amplfiers for many years that have a high reputation for performance and reliability, but not so much sound quality. In that regard, they are by reputation outstanding "professional" amps but not much by "audiophile" standards.

The Com-Tech 200 is an older model and seems to have some quirky ergonomics. I won't worry about too much power, though; for the home user there's really not such thing.

Here are ...
  • 05-13-2008, 04:54 PM
    thekid
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Feanor
    Kid,

Crown has made professional amplfiers for many years that have a high reputation for performance and reliability, but not so much sound quality. In that regard, they are by reputation outstanding "professional" amps but not much by "audiophile" standards.

The Com-Tech 200 is an older model and seems to have some quirky ergonomics. I won't worry about too much power, though; for the home user there's really not such thing.

Here are ...

Thanks F.
    I have seen photos of the back of this and it has no RCA plugs which means you would need to adapt it to your system. Maybe I am passing up a great deal here but it seems like the cons outweigh the pros with this unit.