AR Newbie Registered Member

Question regular cd's played in 6 channels

i am a neophite. i have a new yamaha dvd-s1500 and a rx-v2500 a/v reciever. only mutli-channel mode will produce audio from a regular cd & it is only strong in the center speaker. i thought you could produce audio from any cd and create sound in all speakers. Have i missed a setting somwhere. also i have one sacd that sounds wonderful and i have another sacd hybrid that i can only get two channel audio from. i need to be pointed in the right direction please. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by simpletool
    i am a neophite. i have a new yamaha dvd-s1500 and a rx-v2500 a/v reciever. only mutli-channel mode will produce audio from a regular cd & it is only strong in the center speaker. i thought you could produce audio from any cd and create sound in all speakers. Have i missed a setting somwhere. also i have one sacd that sounds wonderful and i have another sacd hybrid that i can only get two channel audio from. i need to be pointed in the right direction please. thanks.
    Not sure what random buttons you're hitting on the remote or how you're dvd player is connected, but if yoiu want decent CD playback out of all channels, then select "all channel stereo" dsp. If that's not what you want, then hit stereo on the remote. But through a digital connection, CDs should playback in stereo, unless you've got it set on a ProLogic dsp.

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_pci
    Not sure what random buttons you're hitting on the remote or how you're dvd player is connected, but if yoiu want decent CD playback out of all channels, then select "all channel stereo" dsp. If that's not what you want, then hit stereo on the remote. But through a digital connection, CDs should playback in stereo, unless you've got it set on a ProLogic dsp.
    thank-you for taking the time to reply to a poorly worded question and also one without enough information. it was a cableing problem. i did not have a audio cables connected from the dvd to the a/v reciever. would an optical connection (toslink) make any sound quality difference? thanks again.

Not all SACD's are multi channel, some are 2 channel only. Look on the back of the one that plays in only 2 channel and it will probably tell you that it's stereo only.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Try some cd's from DTSonline.com
    Look & Listen

Thread Information