Cd Player

Printable View

• 08-19-2005, 09:28 AM
    saradindu bose
    Cd Player
    Hi,
    I am from India - Calcutta.
    I have purchased an hiend Indian tube amplifier CADENCE va-1 model - 36 wattsRMS.It is a wonderful equipment(www.cadenceaudio.co.)
    I would like to buy now my CD player. Should I buy Marantz 5400( which is nearly half the cost in India) or Jolida 100a tube based cd player.Does the cost difference makes sence? If I get a really better quality of sound by purchasing Jolida I would not mind purchasing it!!!
    Please advice.
    Warm regards.
    Saradindu bose
  • 08-20-2005, 09:35 AM
    Mr Peabody
    I haven't heard either of those units. An email pal of mine has that Jolida and he upgraded the tubes to a better tube and he says it really made a big difference. He thought it was pretty good the way it was but worth the money to upgrade to a better tube. I've heard a couple Marantz and they are pretty good for mass market gear but not what I'd consider a high end player. If you have Arcam in India they are one of the best performing units for the money I have found.
  • 08-24-2005, 02:46 AM
    saradindu bose
    cd player
    Thanks for the reply. Arcam was available with the dealer from whom I have purchased my tube Amplifier. - I will find out if he is still dealing with it.
    Regards

Saradindu Bose
  • 08-27-2005, 07:49 PM
    mazdamanic
    This particular Marantz cd player has a noisy transport and from the online reviews, seems pretty unreliable. I tried a refurb unit a while back and it was dead on arrival. It probably won't sound as nice as the Jolida either.