Question Broke my subwoofer amp RCA inputs....

Hello ! I need to know if installing a SA 100 Dayton 100 wattamp is hard ? I found one for $ 80.00 . Should I install it or rebuy the same powered subwoofer again? I have never rebuilt a HT amp only car audio amps. Please help.
    Last edited by swwdts; 11-06-2006 at 05:44 PM.

Forum Regular
    you could just replace the rca jack. you have "rebuilt" or just installed? changing the amp in the sub should be easy, take out fasteners, unplug from speaker, reverse. opening it up and replacing the rca jack should not be hard either.
    Rosza Center for the Perfroming Arts
    Amature radio: KD8DYO
    Michigan Tech. University:
    Mechanical Engineering/Technical Theater

I found a Dayton 125 watt 10'" powered subwoofer for $ 130.00 so, I will just buy the Dayton subwoofer.Thanks for the info.

Forum Regular
    you interested in selling your old broken one cheap?

You "found" a Dayton sub? Now, THAT'S funny.

Quote Originally Posted by swwdts
    I found a Dayton 125 watt 10'" powered subwoofer for $ 130.00 so, I will just buy the Dayton subwoofer.Thanks for the info.
    Well well... It looks like yer takin "some a holes" advice after all.

HELP !! I have a Ohm problem....

(for those who arrived late, read at least the first page of the thread. It'll all fall into place.)

You are some piece of work, ya know? Can you say "troll"?

But, I guess if this is all you have, you gotta make the best of it.

But, I'd advise not calling people names and running away with your tail tucked between your legs..
    Last edited by markw; 11-07-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Forum Regular
    thanks for the heads up markw

I changed my mind about the Dayton,I just went to h & h gregg close to where I live & bought a Sony powered subwoofer.

Hey swwdtts, get that Dayton while you still can. You wont pay S/H. You need to get away from this h & h gregg place, and spend your money wisely. For your Sony, you are paying about $10 in quality parts. I understand that you have strong trust in SONY and Kenwood, but you gotta learn to break free. With Dayton, you'll end up getting alot better parts.

What would you say if we told you to buy drivers made by companies called SEAS, Scanspeak,or Fostex?

I think you really need to reply to this post dude.

SVI lives in Kentucky
    Last edited by jrhymeammo; 11-07-2006 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    Hey swwdtts, get that Dayton while you still can.
    No, he deserves the sony. He's not worthy of the Dayton stuff.

Plus, as if it's not clear by his posts over the past ferw months, he's not gonna buy anything.

Nobody could be as stupid as he has shown himself to be in that previous thread. Troll that he is, he's just blowing smoke out of his butt to get responses ...and then curse 'em out!.
    Last edited by markw; 11-09-2006 at 08:15 AM.

Sound Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Nobody could be as stupid as he (swwdts) has shown himself to be in that previous thread. Troll that he is, he's just blowing smoke out of his butt to get responses ...and then curse 'em out!.
    Amen... how sad is someone's life that writing troll-posts here is what occupies so much time?

He is better than Tony340 though. At least he's got ballz to buy what he likes, and is definetly not aftraid to take major/obvious risks.

Well, maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by jrhymeammo
    He is better than Tony340 though. At least he's got ballz to buy what he likes, and is definetly not aftraid to take major/obvious risks.
    As far as buying what he likes, since he's now talking about buying that Dayton, it sure seems that he didn't buy anything he was talking about in that last thread. So, talk is cheap.

And, as far as balz go, I'm still waiting for a response to my post to him on that last thread where I called him out for calling me an a hole salesman. As it stands so far, no reply, no balz. A man with balz would have admitted his error and apologize.
    Last edited by markw; 11-10-2006 at 05:41 AM.

Unfortunately he actually when with a 7lb powered sub made by Sony. I think I might be able to move that with my ballz. That's not very good.....

Hz Cut Off ???

I might stop helping him, cuz based on what've read he never replys to what he didnt want to hear. That too me is being an Ahole.

Mutant from table 9
    I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier. I love this guy. He really is right up there with SVI.

I honestly believe, no BS, that some of these guys, whether swwdts or SVI, are some type of performance artists. Now I'll admit to being an "L7 square" but I hang out with some real artsy bohemian types and have several such creatures in my family. I asked around about trolling as an art form, and the responses I got have shown that I'm not entirely off base. Most people were confused by what I was asking them, but then showed some real intrigue when they understood it. Some suggesting it had some real artistic possibilities even though the "audience" is very limited. One suggested it could be some real art for arts sake action.

In otherwords, I don't think these trolls are real people, or at least real identities. I'd rather live in a world where some performance artist created SVI, even going through the trouble of coming up with proof of identity like websites and photographs, rather than in a world where that guy actually exists (with his ghetto azz monitors and fun boy dinosaurs).

I mean anyone can be a "Bose Rulz!" troll, but this guy drops some truly sublime lines like:
    "I normally keep it set on 60 - 80 HZ when I listen to dts formated movies.I want to have nothing to come out of it except bass.I used 800 & 600HZ to cut it OFF in my car but, I want nothing but bass coming out of the powered subwoofer speaker."
    See: http://forums.audioreview.com/showth...001#post166001

That 800 & 600hz remark is just too knowing. That is clearly designed as a trigger. But, the icing on the cake this that he buried it in the Audio Lab forum that has not seen traffic in months.

Whether this guy knows it or not, intends it or not, he is a sheer artistic genius.

He's unique. I'll give him that.

When I used to roam around here under a different moniker about 4-5 years ago, I used to feel real lost too though. I think what he needs is to get that Dayton sub and experience it for himself. But hey, according to that SONY's specs, that sub is capable of producing 20hz. As far as he's concerned, we are all just a bunch of idiots for spending more than $90 on a sub. I think he lives in Florence KY. Alot of idiots live in that town.

-JRA

Mutant from table 9
    But, I don't think he's all that lost. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think his posts show a pretty good working knowledge of the technology. He says stuff just wrong enough, but still just right enough, to cause frustration. Either way its fun.

2 channel lover
    what do ya except they r all inbred
    I BELONG TO A REAL AUDIO
    FORUM

Oh No.

Thread Information