• 05-05-2006, 12:41 PM
    Kam
    Bridging a stereo amp question.
    So this may be a far more complex question than I think it is, but as i've been looking at stereo amps, a number of them have the option to bridge the channels and have it be driven as a monoblock amp. In doing so, the output terminals are always (at least so far of the ones i have seen) both from the same color, i.e. the red output from the left channel and the red output from the right channel, i had (off the cuff) figured it would be one black and one red each.
    Why is this? (or if anyone knows of a good spot that explains this, much appreciated to point/shove me in the right direction).
    danke!!!
    k2
  • 05-05-2006, 06:07 PM
    Glen B
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kam
    So this may be a far more complex question than I think it is, but as i've been looking at stereo amps, a number of them have the option to bridge the channels and have it be driven as a monoblock amp. In doing so, the output terminals are always (at least so far of the ones i have seen) both from the same color, i.e. the red output from the left channel and the red output from the right channel, i had (off the cuff) figured it would be one black and one red each.
    Why is this? (or if anyone knows of a good spot that explains this, much appreciated to point/shove me in the right direction).
    danke!!!
    k2

See bridging facts here: http://www.peavey.com/support/techno...bridgemode.cfm
  • 05-05-2006, 09:27 PM
    emack27
  • 05-08-2006, 06:19 AM
    Kam
    thanks guys for the links! very helpful!
    :)