• 10-10-2006, 09:58 PM
    PeruvianSkies
    To Bi-Amp or Not to Bi-amp....that is the question.
    OK, I know this question has come up numerous times, but I am going to ask it again, maybe it will be somewhat different in some respects.

I have 2 different setup ideas and I am debating on which will give more benefit.

Option 1: Use 2 identical amps and dedicate each one to each of the front tower speakers, so that each amps is bridged and then use bi-wires to connect to the speakers.

Option 2: Use 2 identicaly amps and dedicate the amps in bi-amp mode so that the high and low inputs are separated and use regular speaker wire.

I already have the 1 amp and I have PS Audio xstream cables that are non-bi-wire right now. So, I am thinking that bi-amping would save me from buying new speaker cables and all I would need is a second amp. The other option I need to buy the amp AND new cables essentially.

Does anyone have any insight? I know there is a lot of debate over whether or not bi-wiring or bi-amping really helps etc etc.

I am using PSB Platinum T6 towers and Parasound HaloA23 amp. In the future I am going to drive the towers with Classe monoblocks, but not for awhile due to budget.
  • 10-11-2006, 12:29 AM
    nomar
    Bi-wiring gives you slight sonic benifits compared to true Bi-amping.If your concern is avoid buying new cables, IMHO If you want more significant improvement go for Bi-amping and be ready dishout more dough for another set of cables
  • 10-11-2006, 11:13 AM
    PeruvianSkies
    Yes, I think that is what I shall do, especially since it will cause less work for the amps in the process. Bi-amping is the route to go.
  • 10-13-2006, 09:28 PM
    nomar
    As everybody knew you should use same brand and gain of amps for symmetry of output. For HF you even use a lesser power of amp is not a problem.