Which is better sounding?

Printable View

• 01-15-2007, 09:23 AM
    SpankingVanillaice
    Which is better sounding?
    Is the Pioneer VSX-405 better sounding receiver than the Onkyo TX8222?
  • 01-15-2007, 12:14 PM
    SpankingVanillaice
    I need to know this so I know if my receiver I am using is good enough for just music listening. I am using the Pioneer one now.
  • 01-17-2007, 07:00 AM
    Mark111867
    Spanking-

I have heard the older version of the Onkyo receiver that you are interested in, the 8211. I believe that the 8222 has better binding posts, and from there, I'm not sure what the differences are between the older and newer versions. I own an older Onkyo from the early 90's, (a TX-844 stereo receiver) and IMO it is a great receiver. I couldn't find any specs on the Pioneer that you have and have never heard it, so I'm at a loss with the Pioneer. The real question here is, do you think that your Pioneer sounds good for music listening? Is you do, then you have saved yourself some dough. Keep in mind, that getting something different does not always mean it will be better. If you are checking out receivers, Yamaha also makes some good receivers that are 2 channel only. If you go to the used market, you could probably get something nice with a reasonable price tag. Good luck.